Phone audio randomly activates
emtanthony

I've recently run into a situation where I'll be on a phone call and randomly, the phone call audio starts coming out of the speaker, as if the phone were in speaker phone mode.  Yet, the display indicates the phone is not in speaker phone mode.  I have to touch the speaker phone icon to activate speaker phone, then press it again to deactivate speaker phone and the problem goes away...at least until it happens again.  This will happen randomly, sometimes it won't happen on a call and other times it will happen multiple times. Obviously, it's pretty annoying and frustrating.

To be clear" I'm not bumping the speaker phone icon as I talk. When this happens, the display on the phone says it is NOT in speaker phone mode, and yet audio is coming through the speaker.  I'm also not set to auto answer in speaker phone mode - these calls are answered in normal phone mode and the speaker will randomly activate, for no apparent reason.

This has only been happening the past couple months or so.

Android version 5.0

Baseband version G900VVRU2BPB1

0 Likes
Re: Phone audio randomly activates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emtanthony, thanks for that information. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to have the speakerphone activate on its own. Let’s get to the bottom of this together. Is your phone software up to date? Have you had any recent changes or new downloads for applications since the issue began?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Phone audio randomly activates
evol073
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like a software issue. Likely a app that you downloaded didn't install correctly or an update messed it up. Best solution is to start uninstalling apps (newest first) until the issue goes away or else factory reset the phone and see if that resolves the issue. You could also try clearing cache data (long shot but worth a try I guess) by going to settings>storage and tap cache data and select clear to clear it if all else fails it deletes junk files your phone is builds up.

Hope I was able to help.

0 Likes