My relationship with my Galaxy S4 has been a series of unfortunate situations. Long story short, I'm on my third handset in the span of 18 months.
My latest device has somehow acquired a poltergeist. A sampling of issues I've recently experienced:
- Nearly constant screenshots being taken at random. Just this last weekend, I deleted 75 that had been taken over the last 3 weeks.
- I'm not able to check voicemail without the message I'm listening to being deleted or saved. Numbers are chosen at random without any physical contact.
- Apps and web pages open at will, again with no physical contact
- When I might intentionally want to open a link or an app, it requires numerous taps to the screen for them to open.
- My phone routinely overheats after moderate usage and moderate temperature conditions
- Spontaneous phone restarts
Has anyone else experienced similar issues? It was my intention to pay a visit to the Verizon store to see resolution, but I've exhausted replacement devices under my current protection plan (I could be mistaken here).
It most definitely sounds like the phone has created a mind of it's own, Motowner613. I want to make sure that you have full function of your device. These issues that you have listed, were these the same issues that was going on with your other replacements as well? Was there any new applications or software updates that were done to the phone when all of this started to happen? Please keep me posted. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Many thanks for your response on this - happy to give some additional detail.
These were not the same issues I experienced with prior handsets. The series of unfortunate accidents I mentioned were unfortunately due to blunt force trauma.
While there may have been applications downloaded, I don't recall there being any immediate effects with any particular application. The overheating seems to have started to happen after the most recent system/software update. The glitches in function were things I noticed on occasion over time, but have gotten significantly worse over the past couple of weeks for some reason.
Again - thanks for taking a moment to respond. Much appreciated, Kevin.