People can't hear me when I talk. It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.
RedHeadedStranger

People can't hear me when I talk.  It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.  Is there a setting somewhere that I've changed or needs to be changed?  They can hear me when I leave it on speaker phone.

0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me when I talk. It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RedHeadedStranger -

Let's make sure we get this fixed. How long have you been experiencing this difficulty? Do you have any accessories connected to your device such as a heaphone or bluetooth? Have you noticed if this happens in a specific location? Please share more details so we can help.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me when I talk.  It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the same issue on a Galaxy S6 - and I haven't found a pattern, although I have kept a log of when this occurs.  It seems to be random.

Changing the case did improve it, as the previous case surrounded the microphone, and the new case leaves the microphone exposed.  Speakerphone and bluetooth both work well; just normal phone calls are a challenge.  Just for the record, it happens in the following situations (and just as often, calls go through fine in the same situations):

Advanced Calling ON or OFF

Bluetooth ON or OFF

Calls I initiate

Calls I receive

Calls to and from cell phones, Verizon or other carriers

Calls to and from landlines

Calls at home, with wifi active

Calls away from home, on cellular network

Battery fully charged, to less than 10% charge, and everywhere in between

I wish I knew what makes this happen; I never know if I'll have to put the phone on speaker or risk losing the caller (and this is my business phone as well as personal) since speakerphone isn't always doable.

0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me when I talk. It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.
RedHeadedStranger

Hi,

I JUST bought this phone a week ago and it’s been happening since the day I activated it. No Bluetooth or any type of device is hooked or synced or anything else, not even a cover. This happens just intermittently. I will be talking along and all of the sudden I’ll here “hello” “hello” because the person I’m talking to can’t hear me anymore, we’ll exchange hello’s for a while until they hang up or it all of the sudden clears up and they can hear me. It’s the most frustrating thing to deal with.

Thanks

Greg

0 Likes
Re: People can't hear me when I talk.  It's intermittent and just "happens" during most of my conversations.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Advanced Calling enabled?  Calls will drop if you are in and out of 4G service - try turning OFF advanced calling and see if that improves your success rate.  Just a thought...

0 Likes
MarkSimons

Pretty common issue with the S5.. frustrating the 5.1.1 update is still not been released.. anyhow I usually fix it by wiping the cache partition.  I tend to do this once a day.

Someday we might actually get a firmware that makes our premium smart phone act like one.  Oh wait we have to wait even longer they S6 and so on are out now.. out of sight out of mind..

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-galaxy-s5-cache

0 Likes
watson54
Enthusiast - Level 1

same with my 5 and the talk text freezes up on the 5 just like my 3 did. I now have been told it is a fluke with both the 3 and the 5

0 Likes