On my 3rd replacement phone--does VW ever replace a "lemon" with a new one?
toothfxr4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having problem with overheating phone, not holding charge, not able to get into phone. this was 2nd refurbished phone plus new battery and each seems to be getting worse. Now replacing battery, sim card, and new charging cord to see if something is "frying" the battery. Phone gets too hot to handle and afraid of burn potential if held to the face or kept in pocket. Anyone have similar problems and were you able to resolve the issue?

Jim

0 Likes
Re: On my 3rd replacement phone--does VW ever replace a "lemon" with a new one?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello toothfxr4

I'm sorry your having problems with your device. That's never what we want to happen with any device. I would recommend bringing it to a store for a hands on evaluation. Find a local store here: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
toothfxr4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Joel, My wife and I have been to 2 different retail stores on 3 separate occasions as well as spending about 30-40 hours on phone with tech support over last 3-4 months. We've had soft and hard resets, 2 "like new" replacement phones, 2 new batteries, new sim card, Like new charger/power cord. Promises to call us back and not delivered on. Review our tech call records for phone 570 954 2189. At first we asked for a new phone to exchange for faulty one, now we are considering having you cancel our contract at no cost to us and we would switch carriers, since you cannot support your equipment. My wife and I are in health care field and rely heavily on our cell communication and she has had more down time than up time and her patients are left in the dark. It was suggested that I use my "upgrade" on my phone to get her a new phone as a possibility. What's up with that?? I'll check back for your reply. Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to have a functioning device especially in the health care field, toothfx4. It's very rare for a device to exhibit similar issues such as this.

Is there a particular time that her device seems to overheat? Essentially every part of the phone has been replaced within the information you've provided. Does the head seem to be coming from the battery area or memory card?

If working in an area that has limited cellular service, the device can begin to heat up as it continues to look for service.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having SAME problem, and SAME fight here.

I have my second s4 in two weeks. One overheated to extinction, the replacement overheated to 104 degrees 20 minutes after activation. The loaner s3 got stuck in a boot loop.

0 Likes
attila1

I am on my 3rd replacement for a Galaxy that I  "upgraded" to in February (had my last phone 3 years).  Now this one is malfunctioning as well. I am on an island 30 miles at sea without a Verizon store and the phone rep's best suggestion to me was that I either purchase a new phone through the Edge program or use my husband's 2 year upgrade (that will go over big). What has happened to Verizon's customer service?  Been with VW over a decade and CS used to be second to none but now seems to be in competition with Comcast for who can make their customers feel the most frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't like to see a customer frustrated, attila1. Which Galaxy model are you using? What's happening with the phone you have now? Was it replaced for the same reason each time? Let's make sure to find you the best option to have a working phone in hand.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
attila1

Hi Jennifer

Galaxy S3. 3 Separate issues. 1st Galaxy:screen went black one day for no apparent reason. After troubleshooting with phone rep.(she was wonderful,by the way)figured out that it was defective and was sent a replacement. 2nd: Camera stopped working about a week after receiving. Stopped into a corporate store where they checked it out and said camera had stopped functioning as well as the sd card. Sent me a replacement. 3rd and current phone: calls dropped repeatedly, unable to connect calls and when calls connected the other party can't hear me. I'm on an island 30 miles out to sea with 4 children under 9, including a baby and one who has health issues. I asked her about getting either a new Galaxy or a comparable refurbished smart phone. either of these were likely possibilites according to the rep. at which point I should have requested to speak to a supervisor but did not.

The nearest VW store can only be reached by a boat or plane. I need my phone. Have received great service with VW phone reps and employees in the VW stores in the past which has renewed my faith in the company, despite being over the years on the verge of switching. Disappointed to speak with phone rep today who was of little help. She made some suggestions including calling back later. I do have time to call VW back in the evening( when my husband comes home with his phone) and troubleshoot my 3rd Galaxy replacement. Been there, done that. Her other suggestions, that I see about the Edge program (increase my bill is a valid suggestion?!) or use my husband's upgrade was infuriating and disappointing from Verizon, a company that I have been with for over a decade. I'm hoping you can provide a solution that renews my faith in Verizon.

Erin Lee

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information attila1! I'm sorry to learn of the issues you have experienced with your replacement phones. Our goal is to provide the best service and replacement options within the scope of manufacturers' warranty. This warranty provides for Certified Like New replacements of the same model within one year of purchase when our troubleshooting steps do not resolve the service issues encountered by our valued customers. I understand that your current phone experiences dropped calls and audio issues. Please do a factory reset http://bit.ly/LfV00q as this steps has resolved similar issues for other customers, please ensure to uncheck at number step 3. If issues continue after factory reset we'll be happy to process a replacement for you as per the manufacturers' warranty.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which translates to: I am not going to do anything for a loyal customer, except keep replacing their phone with the same defective model until they go insane.

Trust me...I'm living it.

Oh, and that crap about heating up while the phone looks for service? HA! I live in DC, and have 3 overheated until they fried S4s in 3 weeks.

Maybe on the upside, Verizon had been made aware of the issue of the phone getting excessively hot, yet still gives them to customers....makes them liable I'm guessing.  I truly hope no one gets badly hurt with these phones.  Sadly, it seems like that is what it is going to take for Verizon to stop giving them to their customers.

Oh, and don't bother to ask for a credit because you were unable to use the service you pay for with the phone Verizon sold you, and stamped their name all over...they won't do that either.

0 Likes