On Galaxy S7, play store application updates do not work over Wifi
duuuuuuude
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Galaxy S7, in play store application updates do not work over Wifi. It works over mobile network(4G) but that would eat into the download limits. Any idea why playstore app updates fail only on Wifi?  Wifi works fine for everything else.

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On Galaxy S7, play store application updates do not work over Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

duuuuuuude,

Help has arrived! We want for you to enjoy all the apps in the Google Play store.

Thankfully one of our Community members has provided a great resolution for this issue.

Thanks to bhl62 for providing this solution to a customer on a different thread:

Solution:

Please install DNSet from the play store using 4G/public wifi, and start it (don't check the auto-start button unless you really want it that way). This creates a VPN that uses Google DNS and bypasses whatever DNS setting is messing up the phone. Please let us know the outcome.

To view the thread where bhl62 provided this response please click here:

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: On Galaxy S7, play store application updates do not work over Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

duuuuuuude,

Help has arrived! We want for you to enjoy all the apps in the Google Play store.

Thankfully one of our Community members has provided a great resolution for this issue.

Thanks to bhl62 for providing this solution to a customer on a different thread:

Solution:

Please install DNSet from the play store using 4G/public wifi, and start it (don't check the auto-start button unless you really want it that way). This creates a VPN that uses Google DNS and bypasses whatever DNS setting is messing up the phone. Please let us know the outcome.

To view the thread where bhl62 provided this response please click here:

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes