Re: Official Samsung Galaxy S7 pre-order
gr34tw0lf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having been a loyal customer since 1995 (my very first pager was with AirTouch) I've asked myself "why" many times.  Why would "New" customers get a better price on a package?  Why would those customers who left get paid to come back, get a better deal on hardware and there's nothing offered to those of us who stayed loyal?  Tell me I can have unlimited data and that that will never change... (yeah... that happened)  But I still remain loyal even when I see co-workers with AT&T getting better coverage.

I have a couple of questions for this thread... At this time I see at least two different questions since it was started and no answers from Verizon.  That's Friday afternoon to Monday morning.  Ok, maybe it's the weekend but I think Verizon CS is available 24/7.  So, my first question is why start this thread when you have no intention to respond to the questions?

I worked retail for a number of years, we had new releases every week and sometimes we didn't order enough product to cover our pre-orders, that's understandable.  What I don't understand is why it takes more than a month to get a second shipment in.  I am skeptical that you received EXACTLY enough units to fill orders from 2/23 to 2/29.  I "pre-ordered" on 3/1.  My second question is have you received your second shipment yet?

I guess after all of this i actually have two more questions... what's wrong with me and why stay with Verizon?

bzmomnluvit
Enthusiast - Level 1

good luck to you. I was just told it was there mistake but are doing a whole $20 credit to make it right for yet another 10+ year customer. Thanks Verizon for not taking care of us loyal customers!!

0 Likes
jpatterson250

I would still like to know why they would start this thread but never reply to anybody who post on it?

0 Likes
n8berman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have any of you guys tried calling the support number on the offer website?  888.PZ.LOGIC (888.795.6442) I called last night for a different issue and I did notice there was an option for if you device was arriving after 3/31.  Not sure how much help it will be but it may be worth looking into.

_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

I called the number and received the prompt for "If you will receive your device after 3/31..." -- I selected the option and it basically said, "Sorry about your luck" and "Please visit http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr and enter as much information as possible..." It's the same promo page...

0 Likes
Rocs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Verizon, I upgraded / ordered two phones on 3/2, a S7 in Black Onyx and a S7 Edge in Silver Titanium. I was having trouble deciding if I was going to buy the LG G5 or the Galaxy S7. The tipping point was the free watch offer with each S7 purchase as I would be able to get two of watches ($698 value not including the tax savings).

Seeing that the Promo site would not go live until 3/4, I entered my email address and set a reminder on my calendar. On the morning of 3/4 I promptly went to the Promo site again, filled in my additional information, only to discover that I needed the IMEI number and MAC address for both phones in order to complete the submission. This seemed rather odd since this is a "pre-order" and the phones were not even supposed to be released until 3/11... I called Prizelogic and was told, "Yeah, that is odd that you need those numbers, but it seems that people are getting their phones earlier so you will likely as well. We are also working with Samsung and Verizon to determine what will happen after the 3/31 if for some reason you don't receive your phones, but you should be good because you followed all the steps." I thought, alright, I'll be patient and hope the phones are delivered early or by the 11th.

On the 10th, having no money taken from my account, and no update on the processing, I called Verizon support. The support rep told me that the S7 in Black Onyx was in stock and the S7 Edge in Silver Titanium was out of stock. He did not understand why at least one of my phones (the Black S7) had not shipped. He spoke with his supervisor, as well as the Internet Orders support department and told me that my only options were to wait it out or to cancel my order and choose a different color Edge (black was showing in stock, gold was showing 3/15 restock). He said if I wait it out, he was sure that Verizon would get me what I was promised and that he would notate everything on my account. I decided I would be patient and play this out. I did not ask for it, but he did offer to apply a $20 credit to my next bill just for the inconvenience. I believe he was being sincere when indicating that Verizon would do what is needed to make it right by their customers.

I don't mind waiting for one or both phones so long as Verizon honors their advertising. It would certainly be nice if they could simply provide clear messaging to the customers that are still waiting for an update. I look forward to your response.

PS: Still no funds taken from my account and no update to the Processing indicator on the order.

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

UPDATE:

So, I called Verizon yet again to inquire about my S7 Edge in Titanium Silver pre-order and they had no updates on shipping besides the standard, "3/31." Knowing this would put me out of eligibility for the S2 watch promotion, I asked the representative to look up the S7 Edges in Onyx Black--and they are shipping today.

The representative canceled my S7 Edge in Titanium Silver pre-order and I ordered the Onyx Black online (still making me eligible for the S2 watch) and chose one-day shipping for $14.99. My card was charged within 5 minutes and the status shows that it is shipping today.

I was on the fence about the silver and black anyway--and once I found out that the Onyx Black is actually black--and not bluish, I wondered if I would have been happier with the black. The only reason I chose to do the S7 Edge early was because of the promo--which I'm now going to be eligible for.

For those of you still waiting for Titanium Silver and still want to take advantage of the Samsung VR/G2 Watch promotion, it might be in your best interest to maybe cancel your order for the silver and switch to Onyx Black (shipping today) or Gold (shipping 3/17 according to Verizon).

I suppose all of this hassle (first-world problems) will be somewhat worth it if, in the end, I receive a complimentary $250-300 watch Smiley Happy

0 Likes
gr34tw0lf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked the samsung promo page... even if it arrives today, it's too late.s2.JPG

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Oh man. Verizon is going to have a huge mess on their hands. Verizon Wireless Customer Support, Verizon Wireless Admin, I'd like you to let me know when you've applied a $300 credit to my account, thanks.

eddiechi
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has started shipping people their backordered silver s7 edges today, you can check on your mobile app and it should show 3-15 as ship date or go online and check in your "documents and receipts" and you will see 3-15 added but the" orders" on webpage will not update until tomorrow........

Thankfully Verizon customer service had the foresight to start this thread and update everyone.....   ohhhhh wait...  NVM.

Bottom line is the S2 is now out of stock and the silver titaniums started shipping today....  thx for the info VZW CS

0 Likes