Nougat for S6/S6 Edge rolling out
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Re: Nougat for S6/S6 Edge rolling out
SandraLou2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't bother with this update. OS updates are meant to improve the overall performance of your device, but I don't think it did.  In fact it made my phone more difficult to see the text. There should be a way to revert to the previous OS version on MY phone.

0 Likes
C_B_123

I agree with SandraLou. This update is terrible! There are many reasons, lots of them small, but they cause major problems and inconveniences.

The main small issue that annoys me is that the brighten/dim slider is no longer located in the drop-down bar. When it is too bright outside, I can't just instinctively find the slider so I can see my screen. I have to fumble around to try to find it in the expansion, all without being able to see the screen!

Also, my "next word" suggestions and autocorrect are suddenly more [Removed] than ever. I didn't think that was possible. And why was it necessary to change the color schemes and font types? Why can't you just leave well enough alone?

I know these seems like tiny issues and it's probably petty to whine about them, but smart phones are all about personal preference and options. Some of us are annoyed by the little changes that don't benefit us at all. There really needs to be an option to uninstall these stupid updates. (Or maybe  they could just not harass us into accepting the update in the first place!)

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Yomrjy

Expand the drop down menu, press the down arrow on the end of brightness bar.  Turn on switch to move it to the top.  I found this annoying that it changed also.

0 Likes
kruppin

I took the update, but now I can't send out or receive MMS texts.  I only sometimes see an alert that says something about check my APN settings.  Tried googling and going to mobile networks>access point names>verizon internet, but I can't add anything and I can't edit anything.  Lost.  Can anyone help?  thx

0 Likes
ifonly01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would avoid downloading the update unless you want major frustration and a phone that is almost useless. You will lose too many features, like LED lights for text notifications

0 Likes
donchentico

This update causes problems in 4G LTE or Data Plan, at least I caused them and someone else was reported here

https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37721

I almost always need to restart it, or remove APN and re-create it

0 Likes
luddy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have issue on s6 edge after upgrading.   After waking phone it is connected to wifi but has no internet access for a few minutes then it works. Frustrating as ever.  Sometimes (not too often) it totally loses the wifi connnection and I have to turn wifi off and back on.  How to fix this?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Sometimes if you go to settings-backup and reset then go to reset network settings and then tap reset settings this will clear out all the settings for wifi mobile data and bluetooth. You will have to put your password back in the phone for your wifi but sometimes this works. Have you tried to clear the router? I have a lot of computers and phones on mine and every once in a while I have to clear mine out and then it runs a lot faster.

0 Likes
luddy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've forgotten the network and reentered all the setting information for it and still no luck.  I think my router is fine since this issue happens no matter what Wifi I am connected to.  I'll try the reset network trick thanks.

0 Likes