Notifications swipe also clear badges?
jessblas
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I clear notifications from the drop down screen it also clears all numbered badges from applications. I've gone through all the settings and can not figure this out. HELP.

Also, not able to update LED colors, or change the vibrate pattern for text messages - all since the update.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Notifications swipe also clear badges?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, jessblas! The Galaxy S8/S8+ are excellent devices. Your device will now remove the number badges after you clear the notification panel. That function is telling the phone you've seen the notice. http://spr.ly/6587DXyCS
Please tell me, which application you're using for messages?

VanetrisC_VZW

jessblas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

i'm using the message+ app. Is there a way to change that setting  so I can see see badge numbers for notifications but still clear my notifications?

Help with the LED notifications?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jessblas, It's important that you get your notifications working the way that you want them to. How did your badge numbers work before the update? What happens when you try to change your LED colors?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jessblas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.

Prior to the update, when I cleared notifications, my badges still remained with numbers. I.e. i cleared the notification screen, and my email app would still show 3 emails. Currently, i clear notifications and I don't know I have an email until I open up the app.

When I try to change LED colors i would go to customization in message+ select LED color, and it would bring me to the settings where I only have the option to turn on or off LED notifications.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the changes caused by the most recent update for your device. I'll be more than happy to submit this feedback to the manufacturer. Here's a link with details about the Oreo update benefits https://vz.to/2tk4OU2

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes