Notification issues since update
phunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating to android 7 on my S7 Edge, notifications have been extremely flaky.  Mostly with twitter.  I'm randomly getting these:

1) Normal notification sound

2) Extremely short vibration that's unnoticeable unless the phone is in my hand

3) On screen notification but no sound

4) Nothing at all

I've tried turning it on and off, disabling and re-enabling notifications, reinstalling apps.  Nothing helps.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Notification issues since update
phunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add clearing the app cache and clearing the system cache partition to the things I've attempted to fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know you’re ready to get the phone back to normal. When did the issue start? What other apps are being affected?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
R303
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having notification issues.  I get notifications CONTINUOUSLY throughout the day saying:

"Calendar.noti not shown. To receive notifications from calendar, tap Settings"

...but when I go into settings, Calendar notifications are enabled.  I have tried disabling and re-enabling Calendar notifications but that doesn't fix the problem.

This is not the only problem I'm having, screen rotation is no longer available in Settings either, and Screen rotation no longer works for apps like the browser.  UNBELIEVABLE.

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a phone that has excellent hardware, but is crippled by Verizon ON PURPOSE BECAUSE VERIZON TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE GARBAGE.  I hope there is a class-action lawsuit.

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS.  And I was [removed] enough to buy two of these phones from Verizon!  Well I will never make that mistake again.

I will never, *ever* buy another Verizon phone.  I cannot express how furious I am at this criminal fraud.

STOP BREAKING THE OS PUTTING [removed] [removed] WE DON'T NEED ON THE [removed] PHONES.  Leave android alone, Google has COMPETENT people who create android and it works fine AS IT IS.

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ .

Message edited by Verizon  Moderator.

0 Likes
phunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I mentioned, the issue started immediately with the nougat update.  It is still an issue.

Sometimes the notification sound plays.  Sometimes it doesn't.  It's pretty random.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phunk,

I know I rely on my notifications a lot too. If they suddenly stopped working it would be a huge concern for me. You mentioned this is mostly happening with Twitter, is this the only app? Have you tried to uninstall the app and then re-install it? Here's how http://vz.to/2pGMTFS

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STESUC6
Enthusiast - Level 2

DId you ever get a fix for this issue? It's plaguing my s6 right now. I've tried a few factory resets and only using the default apps, but nothing seems to solve it.

0 Likes