Not happy with Galaxy 7
GIGIDILO

I purchased a G7 on 10/1/16 and am not happy with it.  Battery drains quickly  when apps are closed out and useage is not up to par.  Am I able to trade it in for an Apple?  I thought I'd like going back to Android and I don't. Of course I have a new 2yr plan and am financing my G7. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Not happy with Galaxy  7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pay off the balance of S7 purchase agreement in full and you can enter into a new agreement for the iPhone. Afterwards you can then sell the S7 on Swappa for more money than what you would get for trading it into Verizon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Not happy with Galaxy 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly do not want to see that you are unhappy with your device. When did you notice that the battery was draining quickly? Has it been this way since day one? What troubleshooting steps have you tried to rectify the drainage?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJARTFUN

My 2 year old Galaxy 5 was great and I was perfectly happy with it until a very minor drop cracked the screen.  I bought a Galaxy 7 thinking it would be at least 2 better.   (   Sorry....   )

But sincerely, it shouldn't be worse.  My old one was great, and the two year old battery lasted 5 times as long as this one in the brand new phone.  I thought I got a lemon, so it was replaced.  Same problem.

It's down from 100% to 72% in only a couple of hours on standby mode, with nothing more than a couple of quick calls and a text or two. Down to 50 then under 30 within another couple of hours.  It's ridiculous. 

At the store or on the phone, verizon tells me I have to turn off GPS, turn off bluetooth, turn off WiFi, turn off my pedometer, turn off Words with Friends, turn off my access to email, and not use the internet (which I barely do).  What is the point of this phone?  I haven't even had a chance to check using photo & video yet, which I want to use this phone for in a big way very soon.  It will not last when I'm going dead after 5 hours of just having it with me.  What is wrong with these things?  I want a battery and software that works!  Please.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should have been looking at what applications are using the battery. Words with Friends and Facebook can be serious battery hogs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes