Re: Not getting emergency alerts on my Galaxy S7??
DUNEGIRL_KV
Enthusiast - Level 1

also have the same problem here.  No presidential alert today OCT 3rd.  And no Amber alerts or others on this phone even when standing next to my hubs who's on the same plan (He has a Motorola.). Apparently Verizon has no wish to figure it out on these phones ! 

I've triple and quadruple checked my settings - everything is toggled on and everything is set to receive. I even have high accuracy with location services.  I get Google alerts through my google assistant (thank god since I don't get severe weather thru my Verizon service apparently!) - so it's not that my "settings are wrong."

MARREY60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did not get the presidential alert (I have S7) and while on the live chat, the response was "might have to do with my area". Seriously? This was a NATIONAL alert, not specific to a geographic area. My co-workers got theirs, I got nothing and haven't since 2017. Verizon obviously doesn't have the answer either. Beyond frustrated.

JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

My Zenfone 5 also didn't receive today's alert, although my sister's phone, on a different carrier, did.  Checking, there doesn't seem to be any app installed to deal with this or any place in my Settings as referred to in an earlier post.  I'm not trying to hijack the question, but I hope that broadening its scope may be of some help.

brookekopp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did not get the Presidential Emergency test notification today. All of my coworkers around me all received the notification at 2:18. My phone did nothing. All of my settings for emergency alerts are turned on.

MARREY60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too - all my co-workers got the alert, I did not. I haven't gotten any alerts since August 2017. The "tech" on the chat line at Verizon said it could be something with my location. I'm in the United States, and this was a national alert. Good Grief....

KNITNRUN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Also didn't get the presidential alert.  And I have all alerts toggled ON.

AMYMOO58
Enthusiast - Level 1

You and I were writing at the same time.  Apparenrly S7s have had this problem for awhile but verizon sends people to a faq page that fails to answer the problem.  This message should alert your phone no matter what your settings are or what tower your signal comes from.   It didn't!

KimDixon29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never gotten any alerts on my S7, the rest of my family have other Galaxy's and all got today's presidential alert. All of my stuff is turned on to receive alerts. It is very annoying. I would really like to know if there is a tornado warning.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge DID receive the presidential alert this afternoon. I had forgotten about the test and the tone & voice message definitely got my attention.

ALICENCYBERLAND
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Everything on. No emergency alerts in 2 years. No presidential alert today.