No voicemail notification
cec351
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently purchased an unlocked S8+ from samsung and I am not getting any voicemail notifications. when someone calls they can leave a message but I get notifications to my phone. I did call Verizon customer service and they said it was something in my voicemail preferences. They went in and said it was fixed but would take 24-48 hrs to take affect.Well it has not does anyone have ideas.  

0 Likes
Re: No voicemail notification
cec351
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to add that I cannot find the Verizon visual voicemail app in the play store. I just use the Basic but was told I may need to have the visual app to get everthing to work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cec351, being able to receive voice mail notifications to your S8+ Smartphone is very important. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'd like more information about your reference to a 24 - 48 hour time frame. Was there a Trouble Ticket filed with our Technical Support Team regarding this matter? Can you share with us what was discussed with you regarding your device's voice mail preferences?

I also have information to share with you regarding the Visual Voice Mail feature for your device at: http://vz.to/2vvbzEr. Once you've accessed the website link, please scroll down to the "How do I subscribe?" link and click it for additional information.

RobertC_VZW 

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cec351
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not believe there was a trouble ticket issued. I tried the link from above and it takes me to visual voicemail FAQ. But I do not have and cannot find the visual voicemail app. I also do not want to paid for visual voicemail. I already pay enough.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the need to keep costs to a minimum, cec351, and I appreciate all your efforts. Verizon-branded applications, such as Visual Voice Mail, are typically not supported on non-Verizon branded devices. This is most likely the reason you’re not seeing the application on your unlocked S8+, but I’m confident we can find an alternative solution. I’d like you to use the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211038 to access your voice mail. Once you’re in, select Personal Options and then select first option, which should be either Message Waiting Indicator or Notification (depending on your area). Make sure the Message Waiting Indicator or Notification is turned on. If you’re still having trouble receiving notifications, are you able to send and receive standard text messages? When someone calls and leaves a voice mail, do you have any indication of a call or message of any sort when you pull down your notification bar from the top of your phone?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARCUR94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem and have found a solution.  I had a Verizon-branded Samsung S6, and I just upgraded to an unlocked Samsung S8.  Voice mail *notification* has not worked since I got the new phone, although voice mail itself was working and I could retrieve my voice messages by pressing *86.  I called Verizon customer support and was basically told it was my own fault for using an unlocked phone on Verizon, but I was escalated to advanced technical support.  There they found that I had "basic visual voice mail" enabled on their end, and when they switched this setting to "IMS voice mail", I could instantly get voice mail message indications as shown by a test call while I was on the phone with tech support.  If your voice mail is working and the only problem is with the voice mail notification, just call Verizon tech support and ask them to change your voice mail setting to "IMS voice mail" and hopefully it will work for you as well. 

KMJD98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks MARCUR94! I appreciate your sharing your experience. I was having the same problem, and this fixed it for me!

TinCanSailorDDG12
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can also do it yourself from My Verizon. Log into your Verizon account on the pc, on the My Verizon page, select the phone you're trying to fix. Then under "My Plans & Services", select "Blocks". On that page, expand "Block Services", There are 2 entries, "Block Premium Visual Voice Mail" and "Block Visual Voicemail" I turned both on. Logged out, restarted my S8+, called it from the other phone, left a voicemail, and less than 5 second later, I got the notification sound, vibration, and the voicemail icon in the status bar.

JLewis3141
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Marcur94. This fixed my problem!

MICMCP43
Enthusiast - Level 1

my voicemail notification is not working on a Samsung Galaxy note 8  help!