No sound when receiving a text
maria71sd

Since the most recent update my Galaxy S3 does not make any sound upon receiving texts.  I've tried all sorts of sounds and none work.  It will vibrate, but absolutely no sound.  I've restarted, shut down... no help.  I tried downloading new sounds.  Any more ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: No sound when receiving a text
JasonAndBrandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue ever since the update.  I had my 3 year old's voice sweetly saying message when I got a message and now - nothing!  I never know if I've gotten a message!!!  I can't access the settings  - causes instant crash.  Messaging constantly crashes either way too. 

Messaging is probably THE most important feature of a phone.  For that to not be working - this is a SERIOUS problem.  I can't believe they forced such a buggy firmware update on the users!!!!

0 Likes
rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The same thing happened to my wife's s3 after we downloaded the 4.3 update. Mine made the sounds but all my person ringtones were gone and I had to set them back up. We got my wife's working again by shutting down the phone completely and then removed the battery for 2 minutes. After that reinstall the battery and power your phone back up. Then we went in and just picked a different ringtone and made sure all the settings were what she wanted and they were working again. Maybe that will help. Good luck!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Morning maria71sd. Sorry to hear your sound alert for messages is not working correctly. Rudeguyy offered great advice! Maria71sd and JasonAndBrandy, let us know if this helped out. If the issue still persists, we are here to help troubleshoot further.

Thank you maria71sd, rudeguyy, and JasonAndBrand. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes