Re: No call audio when using bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Veloster,

Thank you for getting back to us. We certainly want to figure out what is happening with your device pairing with your car. Now are you able to try to sync the bluetooth function with another device other then a car; earbud, music player etc. I want to check if it is only the car and phone that are having the audio issues or all bluetooth capable devices? You can definitely have that tested at a store if you do not have another device. Once it is determined if it is only the phone and the car or any bluetooth device we can check options. Is your device currently under warranty? Please keep us updated on this info so we can assist further.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Veloster

The phone paired to two devices in the store. At the dealership, the service

persons phone paired and worked with audio.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Veloster.  Have you tried to pair your LG Extravert to a Bluetooth headset?  Does the audio work when paired to a Bluetooth headset?  Keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Veloster

I don't know - I don't think this process is working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Veloster,

We appreciate your continued dedication to resolving this issue. I apologize that this method of communication may be confusing. Have you attempted to contact your local dealership for assistance with pairing? If you're able to successfully pair to alternative options this would mean that the issue would rely directly on the bluetooth profile that is being utilized on your car. Please keep us posted of any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Veloster

At the dealership, another phone connected and worked. My daughters new

phone connected and worked. This morning, I factory reset the car (again)

and the phone (again) and it appears to be working.for now.

0 Likes
Dtocks

I'm having the exact same problem with my Galaxy S4 with a Pioneer AVH-2600BT head unit.   I thought I was going crazy.  Has anybody found a fix for this yet.  Exact same symptoms.  Plays with audio Bluetooth, no call incoming audio, however, outgoing audio is loud and clear.

0 Likes
rhrh

I've had a lot of the same problems I read on this thread and others.

I have an Odyssey, and my phone *used to* pair with it fine.  Then the phone, independent of the car, kept turning the bluetooth to off, so each time I wanted to use it in the car, I had to fiddle with the phone to turn the bluetooth back on.

Then it started having calls dialed correctly with no audio - either way, they could not hear me, and I could not hear them (and I could not hear a ringing either just silence as if it was trying to be able to dial).

Then the latest thing was that when I put the bluetooth back on, it would act like I tried to make a phone call.  It would show a timer increasing and "Hang up" highlighted as usual, but I couldn't "hang up" nor use the phone at all.  I had to disable bluetooth on the phone to clear the car panel.

I tried restore to factory defaults.  I tried unpairing and repairing.  Now it will not pair at all.

I am really upset with this and tried other phones with the van, and they are completely fine.  The fact that it was good for a while makes me nervous as to what malware is on the phone (none supposedly if it was a factor restore according to verizon tech support).

Is there some way to tell if a phone is or is not compatible with the bluetooth in a particular car brand or in cars at all?  Every single other phone I've tried has had no issues at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details of this Bluetooth issues rhrh! The ultimate troubleshooting step is a factory reset and since you have already done this, it is likely that some compatibility issues exist. Please contact your car's manufacturer to confirm compatibility with your device.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes