No Signal
bikerdan66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last update.

On both of my s4 phones they have no signal even when I turn the phone off and back on I still on get the x or maybe if I am lucky I can get a 1x

this is getting me pretty piss I am about ready to go to a new cell services.

0 Likes
Re: No Signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please wait, bikerdan66. You deserve the best with us and I want to make sure we provide you the service we come to expect. When was the update done? What zip code are you in? Do you experience this indoors and outdoors? Are all your applications up to date?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bikerdan66
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on now since version made the phones update it does it outside and inside don't matter where I am my zip is 44818even when I am in a 4G spot my s5 gets 4g but my 2 s4 don't most of the time they have x so have to shut down restart then works for about q0 mins the it loses signal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details bikerdan66. Let's use your s4 for troubleshooting this issue. May I ask what's the exact software version that you have on the device? Also, what floor on the location are you having issues on? Can we assume that there isn't any physical/liquid damage on the device? As you share the details then we can proceed.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bikerdan66
Enthusiast - Level 2

android ver is 5.0.1

I have said before I don't have in a house building or even outside why you ask me what floor. No damage told you before if you would look up at the first message this all happen after the Verizon update not just this phone but both of my s4 phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up, bikerdan66. I do apologize for the repeat question. However, we want to make sure we find the root cause of your issue. These are great findings and appreciate you working with us to have this resolved for you. You did state this started happening after the software update. Please try running this software repair tool on your S4 and keep us updated http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s-4-update/ .

JorgeO_VZW

bikerdan66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will this work for my note 3 to cause that has the same issue

0 Likes
cgd1947

I had a similar issue with my Galaxy S4.  I spent at least 6 hours on the phone with Verizon without any resolution.  Finally, this past week a CSR in Verizon Tech Support Tier 2, troubleshooted my phone with me.  In less than 5 minutes, she pinpointed the problem----my phone was missing an update that was released April 2015! 

It wasn't through any fault of my own, because the last big update applied to my phone was done by a Samsung tech support person in Best Buy.  He told me he applied all available updates (including Lollipop), but I was still losing my signal, or had no signal at all (like you).

Try this.  Go to Settings.  If your phone still has "tabs" to select (Connections, Device, More, All) at the top of the screen, then your phone is missing the April 2015 update. 

Curious, isn't it?  No other Verizon tech support could diagnose my problem.  And my phone did not show any outstanding updates.  I'm still waiting to talk to the Samsung tech support person at Best Buy to see what his take is on the situation.  (If I was a betting person, I would say there's a 99% probability that he could not access the April 2015 update.)  It would not surprise me if Verizon deliberately withheld this update, to force Galaxy S4 users to upgrade to a newer phone! 

0 Likes
bikerdan66
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone has the Lollipop in it

put as you said about verzion yes they are getting to be very bad at top when a phone don't work they should knock something off for that they want paid about dont care if you have service at all.

0 Likes
cgd1947

Yes, so do I. That's  what is so strange.  The Lollipop  update had already been applied to my phone before this event.

The Tier 2 tech support "pushed" this other update to my phone.  I don't understand why the Samsung tech support at Best Buy missed that update.  (I had Best Buy do the Lollipop update for me.)

My phone performance improved 100%.  Now, there are no tabs across the top of the Settings screen.

0 Likes