Nightmare with Samsung S6
storm712
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son purchased an S6 about 2 months ago.  The first phone received had a problem with the screen rotation not working. Since he ordered the phone on the web, Verizon replaced the 1st phone via mail.  The replacement phone he received had similar issues and had to be replaced as well via mail.  After receiving the third S6,  my son dropped the phone once and the screen cracked.  Verizon told him he would have to get it repaired by samsung.  The phone was sent to Samsung for repair - he was told there would be a 7 day turn around and the credit card would be charged $247.00 when the repair is completed.  After 2 weeks without the phone, he contacted Samsung via chat, email and phone. They could not locate the phone.  Finally, after numerous calls, long wait times and finding someone that cared enough to actually track the phone, it was located and they told him the repair would be completed and the phone returned in 5 days.  When he received the phone there was a note in the box saying the customer failed to pay for the repair.  They returned his phone with the cracked screen and on top of that they charged his credit card without repairing the phone.  He is using the phone now with the cracked screen.  My question is this - Since we are extremely hesitant to send this phone back to Samsung again, what other options are there to repairing the cracked screen.  Also, how do I go about receiving a credit for that line which I could not use for that period of time. 

0 Likes
Re: Nightmare with Samsung S6
Snn5
Legend

You could try a local repair facility, they are everywhere nowadays, from malls, to strip malls, to people who do this type repair in their home.  A local search for screen repair should yield many results and cheaper than factory repair.  As this is a Samsung concern and not a Verizon concern (the repair and charge for non-repair) Samsung would have to take the lead on this and or take it up with the credit card issuer.  Verizon is not responsible for your lack of phone use while the phone was being dealt with by Samsung.  That's not to say Verizon WON'T offer to assist, but they are not obligated.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

storm712  Sorry, I missed that, what were you saying?

0 Likes
jaseman
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, always suspend the service per line that you will not be using...this will stop the billing on that line until you resume the service. This does not cancel the service but only suspends it temporarily. Second, if this is the S6 Edge, then there is nobody doing the screen repairs as of yet. You will have to let Samsung do it. If it's the regular S6 (with the flat screen) then you may be able to find someone who can repair it. As for the charge on your credit card, call your credit card company and dispute the charge.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Suspending the service without billing for that line might save one month of service cost, but will push back the contract date.  That would also mean that the line could not be used.  One might opt for a temp phone from another friend or family member in the meantime.

0 Likes
storm712
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that information - He has the edge so I guess we’ll have to wait on the screen repair. Don’t trust Samsung’s customer service.

0 Likes
storm712
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response and information.