New phone: text messages
Pearson200

Hello. I just got a new Galaxy S6. How do I get my text messages (which are on my old Droid Mini) into messaging app on new phone? The messaging app on the Droid Mini doesn't have any export option. Are the old messages saved on Verizon's server?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: New phone: text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store capable of transferring the messages from one Android phone to another.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: New phone: text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on the new device, Pearson200! Ensuring the transition to the new device is a seamless one, is essential. Ann154 is correct and we also have a service that can help as well. Did you happen to use the Verizon Cloud to back up the messages prior to the switch to the new device? Here is a helpful site that will further explain the Verizon Cloud: http://spr.ly/6586BQvAr;

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes