New Update - Not Even KitKat
rsstoner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here we go again with another ridiculous botched update from verizon - for those of us still on galaxy s3.

Contacts completely gone, can't even get them to download properly from backup assistant.  From my old phone I can't even go in and change it to get my contacts.

Thank you (starts with an F) Verizon, Thank you Samsung, Thank you Google for another botched effort to make our lives better.

45/mth no contract is sounding better and better with unlimited text, gigs, phone. At least then I won't have to put up with this stupidity and bloatware.

By the way, for those of you reading this, if you haven't taken the new update - which as the title suggests, is not the new KitKat, DON'T!

Oh, I'm in Maine and there are a bunch of companies right now that will buyout my current contract!

FIX THIS YOU MORONS!

0 Likes
Re: New Update - Not Even KitKat
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I thought this last update released within the last week or so was for the GS4 and newer? Can you advise? Thank you.

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update has nothing to do with Samsung and Google as it is not the KitKat update.  This update simply adds the ability for the S3 to roam on the Telus network in Canada, that's it.  The KitKat update is probably still a couple weeks out, and that's being optimistic.

0 Likes
BONEIL

I had an update run 2 days ago, I'm not sure what the name was or why.  All I know now, my voice roaming is always on and if I restart or turn off, it says I have no SIM card in.   Some google results said that a replacement phone from the store is the only solution??

0 Likes