New Samsung Galaxy S4 Update...terrible
angyf1

Installing the new update was very easy, no problem. However the update itself is terrible. It's as if they took a step back instead of forward. Off the bat, when putting in a name to call or text the phone use to pull up the name from the 1st letter I type. Now I have to actually go into my contacts. Also, the new voice for S-Voice sounds more robotic and broken up. Although it was a tad bit slower, the previous version was so much smoother and more human-like. I switched from Apple because they didn't seem to be advancing or doing anything new but now Samsung is going backwards. I haven't gone through everything but I'm hoping there aren't any more changes for the worse 😞

0 Likes
New Samsung Galaxy S4 Update...terrible
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The finding of a name in the dialer and text message app works for me on the S4.

I disabled the S-voice before the update so I don't have any suggestions there except to use the Google Text-to-speech engine for navigation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes