New Oreo Update causes errors and crashes
AlmightyMokona

Ever since the recent update my notifications act erroneously, sometimes not showing at all.

The gallery re-defaulted itself to some weird icons and I have to choose to go to pictures in photo pro

And when I run games they will randomly crash on me

Also phone runs noticeably slower

Is there a way I can resort back to version before this update? This is a total mess.

0 Likes
Re: New Oreo Update causes errors and crashes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlmightyMokona, I would be just as puzzled with the various malfunctions with my phone after the Oreo update. It's critical we get your device's functionality back to what it was. To start, the only badging with Oreo is a dot that is displayed on the application icons. There is no numerical badging anymore. This is working as designed. I understand that it is not showing up from time to time, but is this what you are referring to as erroneous? If not, please provide me more details. Moreover, you can utilize the Repair Assistant to help assist in repairing the software on your Samsung device using your computer. Here is the link: http://spr.ly/6584D5Fe4 Please let me know how that worked, or need further clarification about my findings.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes