Need help
J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung Galaxy S6 phone won't make a notification sound when I get a text message. I've tried restarting it, shut it down for 10 minutes and even tried changing the notification sound type...and it still will not work. What am I supposed to do??

Re: Need help
WONDERWOMAN517
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. They just stopped all of a sudden about a week ago and I just replaced the whole device last month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which text message app are you using?  Did you check the notification settings within that application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WONDERWOMAN517
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use the verizon message+ app. I've checked all the settings in and out of the app

0 Likes
WONDERWOMAN517
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also changed my default to the other messages app, and still no sound.  The only thing I haven't done is factory reset and I'm afraid of what I would lose if I did that.

0 Likes
J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the text message notification not working on Galaxy S-I found a solution yesterday! Follow these steps in order: go to Apps, Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Messages, click Force Stop, say yes, then click Storage, clear data, go back one step and see Notifications. This should not say blocked. Mine said blocked even though everywhere else they were "on". This fixed the problem. Let me know if it works!

0 Likes