Need HELP! MMS Messages not sending post Android Update
Sumchickiebum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello! I need help! I have "fixed" this problem (or so I thought) several times over the last two days, but it keeps reverting. I got the Android 9.0 update to my Galaxy S8 on Friday night. Saturday morning my text messages werent working correctly (no pictures, group messages or longer messages that convert to MMS). I troubleshooted and realized it was anything MMS that would not send. It tries to send for hours draining my battery and then fails. Yesterday I thought I solved the problem by doing a soft reboot (akin to a battery pull - power and volume down until you get the black screen), but by 6pm that evening it stopped working again. I rebooted my phone in safe mode and it seemed to be working again. I waited a little while and rebooted it into regular mode. This morning it stopped working again. I have it rebooted now in safe mode and it seems to be working, but I am guessing that I shouldn't leave my phone in safe mode forever. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem FOREVER??? I should mention that I use Message+, but when I switched to the stock message app it seemed to have the same trouble. It's an infuriating problem!

Phone: Galaxy S8

Software: Android 9.0

App: Message+ (Version 6.8.1)

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Re: Need HELP! MMS Messages not sending post Android Update
Sumchickiebum
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE - Stock app and other 3rd party text apps work. It's JUST MESSAGE+ that won't work.

0 Likes
sabourinj20

Same issue on mine and my wife's S8 after the last Android update

0 Likes
Sumchickiebum
Enthusiast - Level 2

@sabourinj20 wrote:

Same issue on mine and my wife's S8 after the last Android update

THANK YOU!! I was told in private messsage that I was the only one. I still do not have it resolved and i have tried a TON of things. I refuse to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sabourinj20,

A software update should enhance the device. Sorry to hear that this did not happen after your recent update. Let's get this fixed. Does the issue happen with every message or certain contacts? Does the issue happen when connected to Wi-Fi only or on the Verizon Wireless network as well?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
riskingdisaster

I'm having the same issue with my Pixel 2XL. Generally, pictures will eventually send, but it can take hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to share pictures via MMS Messages using your Pixel 2XL, and not worry about them taking hours to be sent. Don't worry, we are here to help. Please tell us, what text message application are you using? When did this issue start? Do you get an error? If so, what does it say? MonicaG_VZW

0 Likes
gray4man

So, what's the solution?

0 Likes
DFWdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I started having trouble a couple of weeks ago.  MMS messages won't send for hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DFWdad, our goal is to make sure that you can send MMS with no issues. What is the make and model of the device that you're using? Are you noticing this being an issue while connected to the cellular network, Wi-Fi network or both? Are you having issues in one specific area or multiple location? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes