My phone had 4 bars and 4 G untill about 3 months ago
smokyjoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone worked fine up till about 3 months ago my antenna strength was 4 bars and my data was 3/4G and it was good had no problems. Now I have 0 to 1 bar on the antenna and up to 1G on my data, I don’t get it, it worked fine, and when it’s connected to a WI-FI it works fine and now it’s a paper weight.

Tags (1)
catbaloo59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I'm having same problem, except mine started about 6 months ago.

0 Likes
smokyjoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out the problem, sometime in late June 2013 Verizon sent out an update to the Samsung 3G customers, this update had issues with some phones (like mine) after the update I found that. 1) Battery life diminished only last about 4 to 6 hours. 2) The phone reception was very poor would drop calls or not even call out, and not to mention the cell phone dance. 3) The data went from 3 or 4 G to 0 to 1 G. and all the useless apps installed on my phone that I did not install was sucking the life out of my battery. I did find that after the update that my voice mail and text messages would be verbal whenever you got a text or voice mail (that had to go) I solved the problem by basically saving the info I needed to save from my phone and re-flashing the phone back to the manufactures specs (if you have a Samsung phone you can look for a Samsung rep and they can update your phone), I just happened to find one at Best Buy and they re- flashed my phone and installed the Samsung updates (not Verizon’s) updates. As of 24 hours after the re-flash and no junk installed on my phone I’m running at 89% battery life much better. If you think your phone is not preforming the way it should be, it may need to be re-flashed in other words time to clean house and get rid of those apps that you did not download yourself. Or your phone may have a problem in itself have it checked out by the manufacturer (if it is a Samsung) or whoever yours is. I like my phone and I want it MY way not my carriers’ way.

0 Likes
Re: My phone had 4 bars and 4 G untill about 3 months ago
nothere
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. After the latest update, 4G is no longer available for the S3 in most of the Bellevue/Kirkland, WA area. It's 3G up and down the corridor. I have a Nexus and it works perfectly, strong signal. My coworker's S4 works perfectly. Verizon replaced my S3 was working perfectly until they forced an update and then back to no 4G. Since S3 model is in 3G mode, it will keep searching for 4G network and as part of the search, it will drain your battery. You will feel the heat coming off the bottom of the phone.

Verizon really messed up here and it does not look like they will fix it with the next update. They are too busy raking in the money from the iphone 5s and S4.

0 Likes