My data usage is suddenly very high...does this mean I am not using a WiFi connection? how do I know when I am connected to a Wifi?
currahees
Enthusiast - Level 2

What icon must be shown to identify Wifi connection? My data usage suddenly has skyrocketed without any change on my end.

0 Likes
Re: My data usage is suddenly very high...does this mean I am not using a WiFi connection? how do I know when I am connected to a Wifi?
Not applicable

vector wireless icon

The above is what wifi normally looks like on a cell phone.

There are other variations.

Good Luck

Re: My data usage is suddenly very high...does this mean I am not using a WiFi connection? how do I know when I am connected to a Wifi?
Klue
Master - Level 1

You can go to settings > More > About Phone > Icon Glossary. If you are actively using Wifi the icon will be on top of your notifications bar with a green and red arrow underneigth. If you are connected to wifi but not using it, there will be no arrows under the icon. If you are using 3/4G then that icon will be on top of the notifications bar. I have my phone set up to use wifi exclusevely when it is available.

0 Likes
currahees
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two icons with question marks in center of each

0 Likes
currahees
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to data usage and it identifies Unified Daemon (EUR) as using the bulk of my data...5.2.  Is this some hack job from someone in Europe?  This is the second month that my data usage is rapidly increasing without additional usage from me. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

It means you have two wifi access points available.

I will let someone else answer the other part of your post.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

It is related to your phone retrieving updated info on your News and Stock applications.  You can do a google search and it will bring up lots of information.  FWIW I have all my apps update only using Wifi thereby reducing data usage alot.

0 Likes