My Samsung 8 keyboard stopped working and has disappeared
WESTSIDE_MICHELE

My Samsung 8 keyboard stopped working and has disappeared - I did a soft boot (according to the directions at Verizon Community) and it did not fix it.  It is still not available - I can't text or enter any information because the keyboard does not pop up at all.  Please please help.

0 Likes
Re: My Samsung 8 keyboard stopped working and has disappeared
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check the language and input settings to verify which keyboard is set as default to use?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WESTSIDE.MICHELE, the keyboard is a very important component for full functionality of the phone and we are here to help provide a resolution to this issue. Ann154, provided a great tip, which is to go to settings, select Language and Input, select Default Keyboard and ensure there is an option selected. We would like to gather more details before we proceed with additional steps. Has the keyboard disappeared from all sections that you type in, such as text, email and web searching? About when did this problem start? Do you recall any changes to the phone, such as a software update or new app around the time this started?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ayoukon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my update today

0 Likes
PattyMHDavis

I am having the same issue! Have you or anyone else gotten a fix for the keyboard?

0 Likes