My SIII won't connect to internet unless on Wi-Fi
drose180

I recently updated my phone (not realizing I was like 3 updates behind) and now my phone will not connect to the internet unless I'm on Wi-Fi. I have toggled airplane mode, toggled the global network settings, restarted my phone, toggled my 4G connection on and off and NOTHING has worked! I use my phone constantly in the field for work and this is not going to work!!! Does anyone have this problem and/or a REAL solution for the problem?

0 Likes
Re: My SIII won't connect to internet unless on Wi-Fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi drose180,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your device since you udpated your software! I definitely want to get you connected again. Are you having trouble connecting to data everywhere or just in certain locations? What zip code are you in? Is anyone else around you having these issues too?

Keep us posted on the details so we can find the perfect solution!
RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
katiemn85

I am having the exact same issue and it is very frustrating.  It just started being an issue recently, and I would really like a resolution! It seems like it's an issue anywhere that I'm not connected to Wi-fi. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi katiemn85 - Let's get you back to business! May I have your zip code to reference the area? Does this happen on and off or has data not worked for multiple days? Please check data settings at Settings>Data Usage>Mobile Data should be checked. Also is "Limit mobile data usage" checked?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
JuneSky

I'm having the same issue with my Droid Razor phone.  I will try this suggestion.  Hopefully it will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JuneSky,

We want you to have full access to your data! Let us know if the above step helped. If not, let us know so we may further troubleshoot your device.

LindseyT_VZw

Follow us Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RNorton

Same issue here.  Was working fine and then just stopped.  I only have internet access over WiFi and i cannot send or receive picture messages.  There is not a limit set and i can send regular text messages and make/receive phone calls with no problems.  The Mobile Network Status under the system settings shows it is disconnected and there are no APN's listed.  I have tried changing the preferred network type from the LTW/CDMA to just CDMA but it still does not work.  I have rebooted multiple times as well.  The SIM card information matches what i have on the account but the phone will not connect to Mobile Data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RNorton,

Lets get your data flowing freely again! When you're viewing the APN screen, are you able to add an APN? If so, please add VZWINTERNET, turn your phone off for 30 seconds, and then retest. Let us know if this works!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RNorton

There were no options for APN as they were grey. The only way I was able

to access APN and add anything was to take the phone and change it to a gsm

based system. After changing it back data was still not working. It

started working late yesterday afternoon and was working for awhile. I

just verified that mobile network is showing as disconnected again and the

APN option is grey. I am connected to WiFi now and will disconnect shortly

and see of that changed anything.

On Mar 25, 2014 1:44 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
elcodora

I am having same issue also.  I didn't really use mobile data until recently so am not sure how long I have had the issue.  I did chat with Verizon person today online and she tried to get it connected and she couldn't figure it out as well.  She told me to do a soft reset.  Didn't work.  I did a hard reset tonight and it still isn't working.  I have no 4G or 3G symbol at the top.

I do get a message sometimes saying that VZWAVSServices are not responding or can't be found.  Something like that.  Could that be the problem?  It is very frustrating when you pay so much for data and can't use it when needed.

0 Likes