My S3 is freezing up today?
automattiq

I unplugged it this morning from the charger and the screen was black and it wouldnt respond but I could tell it was on because the battery was warm (not hot). I figured that maybe I had done something inadvertently so didnt think much about it. Pulled the battery, put it back in and it was fine. But since this morning, it has gone to a black screen 4 times now and the only way to get it to respond is to pull the battery and then turn the phone back on. I have had the phone for 7 months now with no issue but freezing up 5 times in one day?

Am I the only one? I havent downloaded any shady apps. I havent downloaded ANY apps for like 2 months. Help!

0 Likes
Re: My S3 is freezing up today?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi automattiq,

Having a phone that is freezing is no fun! I know this has to be frustrating for you.  Thanks for all the info you have provided. Do you have the most up to date software on your phone? http://vz.to/PfK0aM Also, I know that you said you have not downloaded any apps in the past two months, but apps get updates and can cause problems. We would like you to try to run your phone in safe mode for 24 hours. This will let your phone run without using any 3rd party apps. http://vz.to/PfK0aM If you do not have problems while your phone is in Safe Mode, then we will know an app is the cause of the issue.  Please let us know!

Thanks,
BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My S3 is freezing up today?
automattiq

BobbyS,

Thanks for responding. I checked this morning to see if my phone needed an update. It said the phone was up to date with 4.1.2 installed on 3/9/13. The phone has been working fine since the update except for this week. The only thing different about this week is that I am working from home and I use a bluetooth headset. I havent had the bluetooth on until this week. I dont know if there is a correlation or not.

The second link you provided was the same as the first (check for updates). Can you provide me the link to run my phone in safe mode? I travel for my job and I leave for California on monday morning so I really hope this can get fixed before I leave.

0 Likes