Moving files
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I want to move my zedge sound files to the file on my S9+ that holds the device sounds so that I can make one my notification for my calendar app.  I can't seem to find the file that has sound or notifications in them that are pre installed on the phone so I can move the sounds to that folder so they so up as a choice for customizing.  Any help anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Moving files
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might need to create a "Notifications" folder on the user accessible area of the phone's internal memory space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

So 1. How do I create a new folder and 2 how do I get the phone to access that folder when I want to change a notification sound.  Right now it goes to "Sounds".  If I could find that file, I could copy or move everything there.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone has a file explorer app installed or one from the Play Store, then you can create the folder has needed and move or copy the mp3 files into it. The Android OS will automatically find the new notification sounds if they are in the notifications folder and add them to the list of sounds to pick from.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyArens, I understand the importance of making sure you are able to transfer your zedge sound files on your S9+. Although we do troubleshoot Verizon products we don't support third-party apps. I have included a link on how you can transfer music files from your device to your computer. If this doesn't help I will recommend reaching out to Samsung support. I have included a link to their contact us page. I hope this helps.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216694/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ 

JustinB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes