Missing text messages on Samsung S8+, but not on Message+ app on iPad
jd761

Hello all!

I have two devices:

Samsung S8+ -- is my one and only phone on my VZW account.

iPad (wifi) -- has Messages+ app installed on it to access my messages on my VZW account mentioned above.

On my S8+ I've been using the Textra text messaging app. I've been using this app for several years on various phones without any problems.

The other day I had been texting my friend and all of a sudden never got a reply. Several hours later I received another text message from them asking why I didn't reply...

I logged into my Messages+ app on my iPad and saw that there was a text from that person I had been texting on that app, but it never made it to my phone.

Thinking there was a problem with Textra, I deleted the app and began using the stock Samsung text messaging app that's built into my phone.

Today I had the same problem... had been texting a family member and all of a sudden I never got a reply. Went and looked at Messages+ on my iPad and there text message was there, but never made it to my phone.

So there's something going on where random messages aren't making it to my cell phone. They're being sent to me, but they're being lost somehow and not getting to my phone... Not sure why, not sure of a rhyme/reason to it either. It's happened at various times of day and I can't get it to reoccur... Anyone else had this problem

0 Likes
Re: Missing text messages on Samsung S8+, but not on Message+ app on iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly strange that you are not receiving your text messages on your device, but it is being received server side. With you Samsung Galaxy S8+, is it currently at the most recent software version?

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Missing text messages on Samsung S8+, but not on Message+ app on iPad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help anyway we can to get this resolved. Have you updated the application you are using to text?

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes