Marshmallow update issues
Bosco822

So, with the marshmallow update, I have a couple of things happening.  1, yahoo email will not sync on cellular.  It's fine most of the time on Wi-Fi, but occasionally works on cellular data.  I have to close out all the apps.  Once I bring it up, it will update.  This is annoying because I don't get email updates.  2, FB messenger, when I open it, will say "waiting for network"...then connect.  It's like my phone goes into a standby mode after a couple of minutes, and will not start apps up correctly.

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update issues
bearone21
Legend

sounds like your cell signal is weak, what interval is the sync set for?? 

fwiw:

i have all emails sync manually when i open the app for an imap account, yahoo & gmail.

0 Likes
Bosco822

I have plenty of signal.  Right now I'm at -76dBm.  Full signal.  My accuweather widget hasn't updated since this morning...when I was on Wi-Fi at my house.  I just opened my mail...it looks like it was syncing...but nothing updated.  If I go into settings-->accounts-->"Samsung account" it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems.  It will be back shortly".  It's been like this since the update.  My calendar won't sync with facebook.  My yahoo mail is set to sync every hour.  Again, this all was fine before the update. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

your numbers mean nothing to me, talk bars.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A -76 dbm is a great signal. Do you have any background data restrictions set on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to make improvements to your phone Bosco822. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing since your software update. Are these issues persistent everywhere you go with your device or only in a certain location? When did you update the software on your phone? Are you getting any sort of error messages when your Yahoo email is not syncing?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bosco822

The only thing I had on was the Power Save mode. 

0 Likes
Bosco822

These issues are everywhere I go.  Every time I do a software "upgrade", it seems like I have to do a factory reset afterwards, due to the battery draining horribly fast.  This update didn't affect the battery, but affects the phone the other way.  I did a factory reset on the phone to see if that will help.  NOPE.  With no battery save mode on, and on Wi-Fi my yahoo mail sync'd fine.  I take it off of Wi-Fi, wait 2 minutes, manually sync it...nothing.  I then put Wi-Fi back on...wait a minute...and it updates.  Samsung said it's a Verizon issues, which I seem to think it is also since things work fine on Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power Save mode can affect background syncing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TAINO87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the exact same problem with my phone as well ever since the update. My phone is now between 1-2 bars of signal service, sometimes 3. This is seriously causing a problem whenever I browse the internet using the data and even texting pictures. Also, when I am connected to my home and work wifi, it now keeps fluctuating the signal of that as well, Even though it states its always connected. I only keep one service on at a time, so I am pretty sure the problems are two separate things.

By the way:

1) I live in the NY Metropolitan area so this has never been a problem before

2) I have toggled between safe mode and not safe mode, still same results. 

0 Likes