MMS auto downloading stopped suddenly on Samsung S10+
matxhew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have had the S10+ for a few months now with no issues. Recently my MMS have stopped auto downloading which is very frsutrating because when I am in a group message I have to go to the seperate users text feed and click each message to download it into the group message. I have checked all settings and auto retreive is on, it doesn't matter if I am on wifi or mobile data, and I have deleted large text threads and have reset my phone. Anybody experience this or know a fix? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS auto downloading stopped suddenly on Samsung S10+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matxhew, the Galaxy S10+ is an awesome phone & we want to make sure you're able to receive MMS messages without a problem. Allow me to help. The troubleshooting that you have done on your own is greatly appreciated. What text app are you using? (The Verizon Message app or the default/stock app?) Is the text app completely updated in the Play Store? When you say that it stopped auto-downloading, do you mean that an image/picture is not showing up? If this is not what you mean, can you please provide other information? AliciaD_VZW

matxhew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the stock app and it is up to date. The messages (mms) will come in and I will have to go into the text feed for them to download and appear.  It never used to do that, they would just download automatically. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, matxhew. We want to help get this fixed for you.

Typically, the issue is caused by a setting within the app, but you stated you already checked the settings. At this time resetting the app completely would be the best thing to do. Here is a link to show you the steps on how to reset an app https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223007/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes