Re: Low Signal, Texts Not Sending, Dropped Calls After KitKat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nuwk3r,

Let's get these messages back up and flowing! Are you having issues sending out the messages everywhere you go? Or just certain locations? Is the same case for calls as well?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcsmas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issues since the Kit Kat update was forced on me by Verizon.  Failed Text Messages, Low Signal Strength and unable to connect to my home WiFi.  I've called Verizon many times.

Solutions I've been offered include: Restart phone, Reset my Router, Replace Sim Card, Shut Off/Turn On Phone Data/WiFi.  All have failed to permanently resolve this problem.

Verizon definitely down plays this issue trying to say it's rare, but when I did a Google search while on the phone with Tech Support, the top of the list was this Verizon forum!  A few minutes after I started reading this thread to her and Class Action Suit, our call was dropped and the rep didn't call me back....

Verizon please fix this problem... Seriously, people are complaining and frustrated ... 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcsmas,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having after the software update. Thank you everything you have done thus far with troubleshooting. Have you also done a factory reset on you device since the software update?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so fed up with this service and the phone!!!! Since the phone only works half of the time I should only have to pay half of my bill!!! Verizon QUIT TELLING PEOPLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET AND PULL THE BATTERY OR GET A NEW SIM CARD!!  IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

THE problem is KITKAT!!

I want a number to call to get a refund on my bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration nuwk3r. We fully support our network and plans. We work closely with manufacturers and OS developers; however, we don't produce the devices, operating systems and software updates. Smartphones operate very similar to desktop, laptops and tvs for example. The home internet or cable provider is not involved with the specific devices and operating systems. I'm very sorry to hear of your difficulties. We want to troubleshoot as thoroughly as possible. Did you retain your apps during the update? Factory resets are recommended if you are experiencing app conflict with the new OS.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jmil2014

In response to your comments Verizon - Smartphones are not very similar to desktops, laptops and TVs because ISPs do not sell these items to their customers. However, at least in my case, I purchased my Galaxy S4 from Verizon so Verizon should support any issues that are occurring. Also your company is the one pushing this update out, and are still pushing it out, even though it is obviously flawed.

I have been having nothing but issues with text message fails, WiFi issues and 4G LTE issues ever since KitKat rolled out. I've tried every trick under the sun from pulling the battery all the way to a factory reset and nothing works. I went to one of your corporate stores and they want to replace my phone that is only a few months old with a refurbished phone. Not only is that insulting, it won't fix the problem. My phone is even under warranty and your company is unable to fix the issue. I am under contract to pay my bill every month but on the flip side of that coin your company is also contracted to provide the service I am paying for and your company has been failing at that since the release of KitKat.

So where does this leave us, your customers?

0 Likes
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat as the rest of the S4 users.... What can we do? I'm sure someone with lawyer skills has been affected by this update? It's ridiculous! I can no longer use my phone while I am at work, and it only works for half the time when I am home. Before the update, there were NO PROBLEMS. Now, I am still paying them for mine and my wife's phone, but we now have not a fraction of the service we got before the update. And the idiots that try to give you 'Solutions' on here are a freakin joke! Have you called one and talked to them yet? They act surprised that your phone is having a problem, that they haven't heard of it before. COME ON VERIZON, FESS UP!!!  COP TO IT!!!!  It's obvious that Verizon is ecstatic about the whole ordeal, cause they are raking in millions from people that get fed up and go ahead and take them up on their Edge program, or that just ante up the $800 and straight out buy the S5 that has no reception problems.

0 Likes
ldybg827

I just upgraded to a smartphone in December. Everything was going great until recently. I like everyone else here am having issues with dropped calls, not receiving calls, and not able to send text messages without restarting my phone. Then there is an issue with having little or no signal. At first I thought it was just at home, but it's not. It took me almost 4 hours to send 2 text messages today from work. I work hard for my money and cannot afford to pay for a phone or service I do not have. What am I suppose to do? Who can resolve this problem?

0 Likes
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

You sir, are an (profanity removed). You know there is no fix for our problems, why waste our time with your stupid questions? Verizon just needs to come out with a version of Kit Kat that is compatible with the S4. That is all, Verizon needs to fix it! Period! Don't waste our time with your false hopes of getting our messages flowing, because you can't! And you won't be able to until Verizon comes up with a compatible version of Kit Kat and fixes our phones!

Message edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Explain to me Skyke if I have the same phone as you and I downloaded the same update as you then why is not my phone effected like yours? The software/apps that you have downloaded to your phone prior to installing the update is probably causing the problems with Kit Kat. You can't expect that a new operating system update will be compatible with every know piece of software that could be on your phone.

0 Likes