Low Signal, Texts Not Sending, Dropped Calls After KitKat Update
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two Galaxy S4 Phones. One for business and one for my personal phone. Both phones experience the same problems.  Low signal, dropped calls and failed texts.  Prior to the KitKat update I rarely had any issues with the phone.  The only thing that resolves the failing texts is to restart the phone and send again.  Verizon please fix I am so frustrated with this problem I am seriously looking at AT&T. I have tried the usual factory reset, pulling battery. It is definitely a software bug!  When will a fix be available??

Re: Low Signal, Texts Not Sending, Dropped Calls After KitKat Update
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Welcome to the "Kit Kat ruined my phone and Verizon is clueless and not  interested  in fixing it" party. 

I spent several hours discussing the matter with Samsung and Verizon.  I finally Googled  a solution and am happy again with my phone. We can't discuss the solution here at this party so don't ask.

Missmeggymegs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just emailed about filing a class action lawsuit....Verizon points the finger to their partners Samsung and google to fix software upgrades cause countless problems.  Samsung points the finger to Google and says we notify them.  I had problems since September and no fixes yet.  I paid for a phone with certain features and many barely work correctly because of the software upgrade they pushed on to my phone...jellybean & kitkat. 

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Count me in Missmeggymegs!  I just spent an hour being told that there are no known problems with texting!  Even after calling over 7 times.  The tech told me, they don't really look at these boards because it cannot be verified.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karrielm, your time is valuable to us and we want to resolve this messaging issue as soon as possible. Have you downloaded a 3rd party Text Messaging application to your device? If so, we recommend that you uninstall that application to ensure that it's not affecting your text messaging capabilities after the software update. You will also need to delete any unwanted text messages and power your device off/on to soft reset. Additionally, you will need to disable Wi-Fi and test the text messaging feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Verizon!

I would absolutely love for you to fix this messaging issue for me.

I have done a hard reset, texts fail still, checked my phone in safe mode, texts fail still, told by Verizon to download and use Verizon Message,...none of the prior "fixes" have fixed the failed texts. This isn't even addressing the number of calls I don't receive anymore.  They just go straight to voicemail, nothing on the call logs.  Just like I never received a call. Even happened while a level 2 technician was calling me to test it.

I find it crazy that the amount of money spent on the phone, and the amount of money that I spend monthly to Verizon, that I have to restart my phone whenever I want to send a text.  Or that I should have to disable WiFi to send a message...so I have to remember to turn off and on the WiFi when I want to text?  I got this phone in March and never had an issue until the software update. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

karrielm,

Thank you for doing all those troubleshooting steps for us. I know how frustrating that it can be to not have full function of the phone. We want to make sure that we do everything in our power to get you back up and running with no issues at all. One thing that we can even do is get the sim card replaced. You can always take the phone into a corporate Verizon Wireless Store: http://bit.ly/3SdsA and they can replace the sim card for free. Or if you don't have a store near by we can always order one and have it shipped out to you. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you be able to post a link to the solution?

0 Likes
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not believe the Sim Card is the issue here.  As I have stated I have two S4 phones.  You mean to tell me that both Sim Cards went bad? Coincidentally the same time the KitKat update was pushed.  I agree with Missmeggymegs. This should have been fixed long ago! A class action lawsuit is what is needed.  I also agree with karrielm.  As much money as I put out for the phones and the plans each month the phones should perform exceptionally well.  I have put so much time and effort in trying to fix these phones it is crazy!

0 Likes
karrielm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Verizon,

I took your advise, went to a corporate store last night, where I got a brand new sim card installed!  So far today, I have had 1/4 of the texts I send fail.  What should I do now?

0 Likes