Re: Lollipop 5.0 killed my Galaxy S5!!! Where's the update???
ckronengold
Enthusiast - Level 3

The version I got from Sam Mobile was G900VVRU1BOA8. Is BOA4 newer than BOA8?

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0 killed my Galaxy S5!!!  Where's the update???
stef7
Master - Level 2

Tidbits may know - I don't. I was thinking that the only difference between BOA4 and the first version released was in the installer portion of it.

Maybe BOA8 has another bug or bugs fixed in it - who's to know? How do you know it's the legit STOCK ROM? You might want to check on another site where they actually get down to discussing such stuff.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

8 is newer. Higher numbers are always newer.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop 5.0 killed my Galaxy S5!!!  Where's the update???
ckronengold
Enthusiast - Level 3

thats what I normally thought, but this info BOA4 is coming out after I already got the BOA8 update from Sam Mobile. Just curious.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What is the full BOA4?

0 Likes
ckronengold
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-s5-3-27-15.pdf

LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4

And Sam Mobile is hosting:

PDA: G900VVRU1BOA8

CSC: 900VVZW1BOA8

I guess "C" comes after "A", so I guess I was looking at the wrong number?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

BOC4 is newer.

0 Likes
ckronengold
Enthusiast - Level 3

great. so back to the waiting game until BOC4 is available via download. Cuz I sure as hell am not doing OTA again.

0 Likes
Zorbo218
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon pushed out BOC4 to me a few weeks after I downloaded Lollipop (and had tons of issues) now some of my problems have improved but complete new ones have emerged.  The problems I am experiencing now are huge!  My phone will reboot constantly (as I type this response my phone has already rebooted 7 times in the last 45 minutes).  The battery life is terrible and the phone runs hot.  Trying to navigate apps is a nightmare.  I have deleted cache, removed a lot of apps, and updated all of my apps and the phone is unusable at times.  My Galaxy S5 was an awesome phone but this software upgrade has rendered it nearly useless.

Regardless of whoever's fault this is (Google, Samsung, Verizon) it's very close to driving me away from all three of them.

ollie49
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone app crashed before you can touch the keypad. Spend two hours on the phone with Verizon tech support(two levels) and Samsung support. Verizon said problem caused in last update and would haveto wait for nect update. Samsung rep wanted to reset my phone but you said it doesn't work. Been waited for an hour for Samsung rep to call me back in "5 minutes"

Why are there 3 phone apps on my phone( 2 with receiver icon and on with Android icon? Will deleting one or more of there cure the problem?

Why do we pay all this money for phones and service and nobody can give you an answer in two hours of talking in circles?

When will this "new update" fix be available?