Lock Screen Messages NOT wanted
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is in response to a message I saw posted by a member of VZW support.  I do not care if it was a VZW or Samsung issue...I want it gone!  Or at least give us the option to make it stop!

I do NOT want these messages on my lock screen at all.  I do NOT want the huge message (aka badge) saying I missed a call (also showing who called and their number) nor do I want the huge message saying I have a text message (whether the message is in preview mode or not).  These alerts that engulf my lock screen are VERY annoying!  They were not there before, so there is obviously the capability to set them NOT to display on the lock screen!

Hi Community!

Oh wow! I can certainly understand your frustration with removing the bubble notification. Let's get this resolved. VZW and Samsung want you to have the best user experience. The Jelly Bean update for Samasung Galaxy 3 includes a  change in the default view of the lock screen.  When missed calls, new text messages, and/or new emails are available, the number badges shall be shown. No bubble indicators shall be shown. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Pamelaf_vzw

Tweet us @vzwsupport

In this message above, it states that the "default" view was changed, implying that there can be another view.  I want it to NOT be seen AT ALL on the lock screen.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

0 Likes
Re: Lock Screen Messages NOT wanted
dm1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in agreement with you jaraschutt: I want this fixed.  No text message shown on locked screen.  What were they thinking? Get this off my phone's lock screen!!!!!