Latest system update won't allow me to access certain apps
STEPOW86

Software update applied 7/19/2016 has reset most apps, including phone and anti-virus applications.

When I attempt to access these apps, I receive a message saying "Screen Overlay Detected"

Turn off screen overlay from settings >apps.

I see no way to do so.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest system update won't allow me to access certain apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEPOW86,

We are here to help and ensure you can use all your applications. Let's try this and retest: settings, applications, application manager, more (top right corner), draw over all applications, and ensure all your applications are on. Once you complete these changes please power off your phone and back on. Keep us posted if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

CH1978

also having some problems with apps accessing content due to the update so you're not alone...

0 Likes
DemonicLlama

Same here, both my wife and I all day

0 Likes
STEPOW86

Any idea how to fix it?

Stephen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEPOW86,

We are here to help and ensure you can use all your applications. Let's try this and retest: settings, applications, application manager, more (top right corner), draw over all applications, and ensure all your applications are on. Once you complete these changes please power off your phone and back on. Keep us posted if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!