Latest Android update causing Galxy 5S issues
KANSASCAGGFAMILY

I downloaded the latest android update a couple weeks ago and a patch today. My phone is losing battery so fast I can watch the numbers drop as soon as the phone is unplugged. It will go from 50% to 1% and then get in a perpetual reboot that only stops when you plug it in. I have cleared the app cache as some help advises but it is not helping. Is there a way to remove this update, as the software does not appear to be well tested prior to release?

0 Likes
Re: Latest Android update causing Galxy 5S issues
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, once you've done the update, the old firmware is removed and there is no way to roll back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are used to increase the security and life of a device. Do you close out of your applications after you are not using them? Some features on the device may be turned on after the update, have you gone through your settings and adjusted the device to how it was previously? Have you performed a factory reset on the device after the update to see if it would improve the battery life? If you do wish to do this, please make sure you back up your Galaxy S5 so that you can restore it after you complete this step.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
protohero

I have been affected by the same problem. It seems to be a problems with TouchWiz for older devices. Seems the software has the ability to possibly damage the hardware (yet to confirm but people sent in phones to be fixed by samsung). This is a glaring issue and am not sure who will mediate the damages. You can use the app "Wake Lock" too keep phone from power looping (which can also damage your battery quite quickly/ i replaced mine hoping that was the problem. Another solution i have seen to the powering off using google launcher then clearing cache partition.

0 Likes
protohero

Hi Verizon,

Can you look into what support customers can expect for their devices? This affects devices well out of warranty. The software for 6.0.1 nougat + recent security patch seem to be the cause of the issues. Device hardware is being harmed by software push, ie samsung software and verizon checking off the push it out. What should i be doing for my device now? I don't think this is an appropriate way of dealing with loyal customers to both brands.

I'll also construct a new thread if need be.

0 Likes