Re: KitKat S4 Battery Life, Overheating, & Hands Free Mode
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here. Reps (on phone, and in person...NOT in writing...of course) have TOLD me S4 overheating is ABSOLUTELY a problem. One rep (in a store) told me upon replacing my FIRST S4 for overheating...to get an extended warranty because IT WILL happen again. Sure enough, 20 minutes after activating the NEW S4, overheated to 104.6 degrees. Rep I called (from my husband's phone...SINCE I CAN'T MAKE CALLS ON MINE) told me she is on HER second S4 because of overheating.

VZW says to take it up with Samsung. Samsung says it's on VZW.

0 Likes
Not applicable

[quote]

VZW says to take it up with Samsung. Samsung says it's on VZW.

[/quote]

The VZW rep told you the truth. Go into your owners manual and read the warranty details. it is a 1 year manfacturers warranty, not a 1 year Verizon warranty. Verizon did not make your device or the battery.

It is a Samsung issue. Read the manual and then think about it. Makes sense huh?

Good Luck

0 Likes
stgmngr210
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No?

You are joking right?

You buy a phone I care not where, you sign up for service to the cellular and data network at Verizon Wireless.

at that time of sale (No matter where you purchased it make no difference) the device comes with a one year MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY. Following me so far?

You can also purchase supplemental insurance from Asurian to cover things not covered like water damage, or loss or theft or physical damage of which you pay a monthly fee for. Still following me?

Under the MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY the device is covered for defects in materials and workmanship. again read your warranty that came with your device. You can send back to device maker or call Verizon and they as a courtesy will do a warranty exchange. Now in certain situations the batteries can be faulty and then neither party is going to cover the battery. You would pay out of pocket. However once you buy a new battery from any vendor that sells them, you have a warranty on the battery. Read that warranty as well.

The original battery on the device may be covered by the device maker.

So again Verizon is not your issue it is Samsung

0 Likes
lybra975
Enthusiast - Level 2

The manufacturer warranties do come in handy.....when these issues arise within the first year. Unfortunately I got my phone may 2013 and didn't need my navigation but a couple months later.  That's when I knew something was wrong.  I put the problem aside thinking it was just a one time issue.  Nope, happened again last month. Of course my manufacturer warranty is expired.  So instead of going through the hassle of reloading all my stuff on a new phone, I'll just use my Garmin. ...

0 Likes
Not applicable

I also use a NavQ or Tom Tom much easier

0 Likes