Just updated KIES and can no longer connect my laptop and S4?
mjr123

I've been using KIES for a year.  Was just prompted to update it.  Did so (to version 2.6.0.13091.9) and now I can no longer connect my laptop and Galaxy S4.

I'm getting the following message which is, of course, nearly worthless:

Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode.

Current connection mode not supported by Kies.

Check the USB settings.

(Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging (x))

1) "PC Studio" has no actual meaning; after searching online I found what they're trying to tell me is the phone must be in MTP mode rather than USB debugging mode.

2) The Settings path above is wrong; I DID manage to find the proper path to turn off debugging & switch to MTP, but that doesn't help.

3) uninstalled & reinstalled KIES; no help

Any ideas? 

I know 1000's of other people are having this problem, so I'm a bit surprised VZ doesn't have a ready answer here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just updated KIES and can no longer connect my laptop and S4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mjr123,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Samsung Kies software.  This is actually a third party application offered through Samsung, so I would recommend reaching out to Samsung's support team for the best assistance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Just updated KIES and can no longer connect my laptop and S4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mjr123,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Samsung Kies software.  This is actually a third party application offered through Samsung, so I would recommend reaching out to Samsung's support team for the best assistance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes