Jelly Bean upgrade December 2012 for Galaxy S3
Pretend1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I have 2 galaxy S3's purchased 6 and 8 weeks ago.  After the jelly bean upgrade 2 evenings ago, they will no longer S-Beam.  We have been to two Verizon stores with customer service reps.  They have done a hard reboot  on both phones (so back to facotry) and service reps have called Verizon and Samsung reps to try to resolve the issue on both phones with no luck.  We are now told they will replace the phones with refurbished phones!!  We just spent over $300 and signed a 2 year contract for four devices and are told we get used phones when they sent the upgrade to our two phones that broke them!!  If anyone has any suggestions on how to get Verizon to be responsible for their mistake by giving us new working phones, or fix our tow new phones, I would love to hear it.

0 Likes
Re: Jelly Bean upgrade December 2012 for Galaxy S3
TheGuyUpNorth
Contributor - Level 1

I understand your frustration. If it helps though, I have used this program with previous VZW phones, and honestly believed that the phones were new when they arrived.  If the phone has any visible blemishes or issues that do not meet your expectations, you can send it back.

0 Likes
Pretend1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your encouragement but...No, not fair.  We did not mishandle or damage to our devices.  They are very new and expensive.  Verizon sent out an upgrade that automatically loaded to our phones and now they don't work!!  Verizon is responsible for breaking the S beam feature on our phones.We paid a lot and signed contracts for new phones and could have received any number of cheaper or even free phones with our contracts  but we paid to get the new feature of S beam and purchased two!! We have protected our phones with cases and screen protectors etc.  Verizon expects us to honor our comittment.  We are only asking the same.  THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!  Why should we be expected to now take someones used phones.  We could be getting devices that may have been used for some time or incorectly and we may be getting handed someone elses problems.  They broke them, we should not be given anything less than what we had. We know OUR phones are only a few weeks old and were used with care.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

You are correct, you should get new phones in my opinion.  My sugestion is to go back to the store (make sure it's a 'corporate' store) and get them to exchange the phones on site.  The phones they have in stock are new phones, not refurbished.  A reasonable manager may make the exchange.

rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck, but I doubt this will work, nor do I agree it SHOULD work. The policy is 14 days to exchange for a "new" device. Anything after that is replaced with a refurbished device.

You say "Verizon expects us to honor our commitment. We are only asking the same." Their commitment to you is that they will replace your device within 14 days with a "new" device. After that point, they have committed to replacing it with a refurbished device.

It seems you don't want Verizon to honor their commitment, but to CHANGE their commitment. No, not fair. Ask them to do so BEFORE you make the purchase and you would have a leg to stand on if they had agreed to do so. Asking them to do so after the fact? No, not fair.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

No where in my post did I say that they had a 'right' to an exchange.  I said "A reasonable manager 'may' make the exchange" .  It has nothing to do with "fair".  It has everything to do with good customer relations.  So exactly what do they have to lose by 'asking'?

0 Likes
dofoho

I strongly disagree anyone is asking Verizon to change its commitment. Verizon broke her phone with their update. Is their no commitment  for Verizon to send an update that would not disable features on her phone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Nor did I say you had said they have a "right" to an exchange.

I wished them luck, but expressed my doubts that it would be successful. They have nothing to lose by asking, but I am sure they will not be any happier if their request is denied. More likely they will be more angry because in their words it would be "not fair."

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The OP is in fact asking exactly this. Verizon is offering to exchange their phone with a working refurbished unit as they are committed to do. The OP is asking for a brand new unit, which IS a change of Verizon's commitment to replace with refurbished units after the 14 day window from purchase.

0 Likes
dofoho

I think we all should have been warned that we would lose features that we paid for before forcing this poorly tested upgrade on us.

0 Likes