Is visual voice mail available for the s8
ROBINTUCSON

Is visual voice mail available for the s8+ ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is visual voice mail available for the s8
AMORR79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with Verizon last night and the only "option" available is whether to get the phone directly from them, complete with all the rest of the preloaded bloatware, or get a third-party app. There is currently no way to get the visual voicemail app anywhere else. Their reason? Security. Why they can't manage to secure voicemail while there's apparently no issue with cloud backup (which IS downloadable from the Play Store separately) is beyond me. I got my phone unlocked from Samsung and I'm dealing with the same issue. So, no Verizon voicemail app (though every other verizon app appears to be downloadable from the play store) unless you buy from them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Samsung was smart, they would have incorporated it into the dialer. Otherwise it should have been pre-installed on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I have the s8 plus, but my visual voice mail started up when I activated the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBINTUCSON,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When it comes to the Galaxy S8/S8+, Visual Voicemail will be an option. Please let us know if you need anything further.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LEANNE0514

Okay, the visual voice mail "will be an option."  And when is it going to happen?  I went multiple Verizon web sites.  One of the FAQs had a link to the list of phones that the app was compatible with, however, clicking the link simply sent me back the FAQs.  Another FAQ said that is was available for all phones with a monthly plan.  I went to the directions, but it shows a screen that doesn't appear on my new Samsung Galaxy S8+.  So now I'm here, and the answer is "will be."  Out of the box new, and we're two versions out of date on the Android OI and now I find out that we can't have a simple, basic visual voice mail.  What a disappointment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was an update released on the day the s8 and s8+ became available. Have you installed it yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LEANNE0514

Yes, I've installed all of the updates and checked for any more.  I click on the Voicemail app, and it offers to call 186, rather than a set up screen to start the Visual Voicemail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEANNE0514, I understand your concern with being able to access visual voicemail. That is a great feature to have on the phone. Are you able to dial *86 and listen to the voicemails? Are you able to browse the internet successfully? Do you have trouble with any other applications on the phone?

TionnaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEANNE0514

Yes, I can use the old phone in style of *86 and everything else works.  It's just that there is conflicting information on your web sites and I'd like to know when I'll actually be able to use the feature. 

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Making sure your have the latest and greatest features with your new phone is a must, LEANNE0514. Let’s make sure your account is provisioned with the correct voicemail feature. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so we can better assist.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes