Is there an ETA for the Bluetooth patch?
BigPoppaDRH

Hello,

I received my S8+  a little over a month ago. From from the first day Bluetooth functionality has been horrendous.  My earbuds disconnect when my phone is in my pocket less than 4 feet away. My car stereo's Bluetooth sounds like a skipping CD and my mount is literally inches from the stereo. I've stopped connecting it to my standalone Bluetooth speakers because the phone will randomly reboot when doing so. All of these devices worked perfectly fine with my iPhone and continue to work great with my iPad and backup phone (a Blu R1 HD).

I did some searching and found that this is a known issue. A patch was issued to the UAE a couple of weeks ago. The UK got the patch last week. Is there an ETA when this patch will be rolled out to Verizon customers?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there an ETA for the Bluetooth patch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question and I would have the same one myself. I apologize for that. There is no information on an update from Samsung at this time. Keep updated here: http://vz.to/1Epdd7x

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your S8+ BigPoppaDRH that's a great device. I also have this device and have yet to experience any issues with the Bluetooth feature. When did you start experiencing issues with Bluetooth? Did you make any changes to your phone when issues started?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BigPoppaDRH

All due respect Michelle this is a well documented issue (Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection - Samsung Community - 91240) I will not be preforming basic troubleshooting steps which I had already done several times before posting.

I'm simply looking for an ETA on the patch from OEM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you doing troubleshooting, BigPoppaDRH. I depend heavily on my bluetooth connectivity at all times. At this time we do not have any information on a software update. You can stay up to date here https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/.

RobinD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. Bluetooth is horrible on the Galaxy S8. It is a well-documented issue. Please give us an ETA for the patch fix.

0 Likes
bcacm2000

I have been having bluethooth issues as well.  My phone's bluetooth automatically turns off during a call and I have to turn it back on.  Not very safe to do while driving.  I am going to use my old phone and hope this gets resolved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's frustrating to have blue tooth issues on your device. dougesplin.  I'll be glad to help you information on the latest software release for your device. The great news is the most recent software update came out on June 12th so. Here's a link for more details http://vz.to/2tk4OU2 .

EdwinW_VZW        

Follow us on

Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BigPoppaDRH

This update did nothing to fix my Bluetooth stability issues. I love paying for a ~$900 phone where 2 decade old basic functionality doesn't reliably work. Meanwhile support stonewalls and plays dumb about a well documented issue. The OEM has issued a patch. You cannot even give your customers an ETA on when we can expect it?

This is no way to do business. Once this phone is paid off I'll find another carrier. 

0 Likes
Tcgil

Yes, please fix the bluetooth problem. Was working fine for a month, now not so much!  Rely on it for hands free!!!

0 Likes
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

I am with you. I just purchased the Plantronics VOyager 5200 BT. This is rated as one of the top 2 out right now. Yet when I talk on it people say the quality sucks..