Is there a way to turn off useless "Mobile data" warning?
CoolHappyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I turn off mobile data on my phone, I get the following message:

Mobile Data

You will no longer be able to use applications such as Internet, Email, and YouTube via mobile networks.  Continue? (followed by "Cancel", "OK" options).

This comes up EVERY time.  There is no "never show this message again" check box.

Can this be turned off? 

Re: Is there a way to turn off useless "Mobile data" warning?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon CoolHappyGuy.

I apologize for the unwanted notifications when turning off Mobile Data. There isn't a way to stop it from coming up every time unless you turn off in the Notification Pull Down bar. Try this and see if you stop getting pop-up. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Custnam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was wondering the same. Guess we just have to deal with it.

0 Likes
CoolHappyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you mean by "turning off notification bar?"  Would this mean a loss of legitimate notifications?

Attached are images of what I'm experiencing.  The "Mobile Data" occurs EVERY time I try to turn off Mobile Data.  The "My Location" message happens EVERY time I try to turn on GPS. 

These serve no purpose other than annoying me.  How do I get rid of these messages -- and ONLY these messages!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The GPS warning is required on all phones. The best way to keep from seeing all of the time is to leave GPS on.

I also get a warning when I turn off my mobile data is a section of my phone. I don't like it, but I hit the "OK" button so fast it doesn't take too much time out of my life.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will still get notifications from email and other applications if you are connecting to a wifi network. The notifications only stop if you have both cellular data and wifi disconnected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CoolHappyGuy,

I'm sorry but there is no way to stop that alert when you turn off the mobile data on your phone. But once you tap OK or Cancel it will go away.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Ann154,

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I appreciate your response and suggestions.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
hbcavazos

i am having that alert too and i didnt before i received my replacement phone.  the phone i had yesterday, the one that i replaced didnt have that message when i turned off data so there has to be a way that message is turned off or at least an explanation on why 2 identical phones with 2 different results.  if you dont click ok, the data stays on.  i know some smart alec is gonna say well just click ok, but its hard to when you are used to turning off data and boom, its off.

0 Likes
jsl108
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you try creating a task to "Toggle" mobile data using Tasker (available in the app store)? I was annoyed with it too... PM me for details.

0 Likes