Is there a solution yet for the APN bug?
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

This may be a duplicate issue, as I already posted it but the post seemed to go away to the ether.

The VZW Galaxy S3 has a bug that is preventing me from using data internationally.  The phone will not allow you to enter APN names, so if it was not in VZW's wisdom to include them all, you could be out of luck.  I'm in this situation right now in Austria, and spending hours with CSR's is a real pain.

It seems, absent a software fix from VZW, my only legit option is to swap the phone because it is flawed.  VZW CSR was useless, even suggesting that rooting might be the only work-around, even though that voids the warranty and is probably a TOS issue.

Any (knowledgable) CSR's on here who can help?

And no, I can't just turn on VZW global roaming -- the VZW computer gods and high priests of accounting forbid it.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a solution yet for the APN bug?
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See link for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
frank_007
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been told by Verizon business team that Sumsung and Verizon are working on a fix. Of course, that could be one month or 12 months.

My wife and I have a Samsung S3 and Note II and both, on Jelly Bean have the same flaw. It's very frustrating. I carry with me an unlocked HTC and also Verizon Incredible 2. Since SIM Data plans are cheap enough in most countries, I just get additional SIM cards with a data plan and turn on the hotspot feature of these devices with I access from the S3 and NOTE II. Not ideal, but close enough for now.

In the UK, I am hoping the LTE capabilities will work (VodaFone UK is imminent).

0 Likes
TN-Howard
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See link for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes