Is the Samsung S9 Plus unlocked?
nomeboy

That is, will it work if I put in a SIM purchased in Europe?

0 Likes
Re: Is the Samsung S9 Plus unlocked?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nomeboy-

The Samsung S9 is a great device to use abroad. Great news! This is an unlocked phone that is global ready. For more details on our unlocking policy http://vz.to/2b93CKz

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Simon42
Enthusiast - Level 1

No it is not unlocked. I have had my S9+ since Feb with Verizon and have traveled to Australia. I purchased a prepaid SIM card from Telstra and put it in my S9+ and got the error, "SIM card is not from Verizon" or similar. I put the card in my wife's iPhone and it worked just fine.

What is annoying is that I called Verizon before I left the US and they assured me that 4G LTE phones were all unlocked and I should be fine in Australia. Simply not true!

Texamau

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP asked their question in 2018. The policy for device unlocking was changed in July 2019. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes