Is it ok to replace broken device (warranty) with used device
brian4372

My S7 just stopped working last week, it would not power on at all.  I took to the store and they said they would mail me a new one.  When the box arrived I opened it to a refurbished device, I feel like I am being screwed over and have to continue to pay for a device that is now no longer a new device.  Should they have given me a brand new S7???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it ok to replace broken device (warranty) with used device
Weth
Legend

No, after 14 days your device is used so it is replaced with refurbished used device.  Doesn't matter what company you are dealing with, this is standard in the industry.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brian4372,

Our goal is always to make sure you have a great working phone you can count on. That's incredibly important. The manufacturer's warranty does provide for a certified like new replacement since the phone being replaced is no longer new either. They go through a 100 point quality check and should work awesome. When did you get the original phone?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No, after 14 days your device is used so it is replaced with refurbished used device.  Doesn't matter what company you are dealing with, this is standard in the industry.

0 Likes