Is anyone else having trouble with dropped calls?
Maji

I've had my Galaxy SIII for awhile now and have had no connections problems.  I'm suddenly dropping calls left and right.  Any help out there?

0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else having trouble with dropped calls?
bearone21
Legend

are you in a fringe service area?

0 Likes
Maji

I live 6 blocks West of University Hospital, and have never before had problems with dropped calls on the Verizon system. In 2011, I was on the liver transplant list and had AT&T as my provider. I was having problems with receiving calls, and after months of getting no help from them, I switched to Verizon only a few days before I got the call I’d been waiting for.

When this current problem began about a week ago, I thought it was because I was disconnecting calls by holding the big flat Galaxy III next to my face. I recently switched to a Galaxy SIII Mini, and I was being told by callers that their voices were echoing back to them like they were on a speaker phone. After troubleshooting, I saw where I should check to see if my Bluetooth was on. I turned it off, then called somebody who told me that the echo was gone. It was right after that (yesterday) that I started losing calls. I have recently been speaking on the phone continually with health care providers and others at University Hospital to resolve some serious issues that are dependent on a timeline. To be losing calls at this point is not an option, and I’m beginning to think I’d waste less energy and suffer less frustration if I got in my car and went over there to meet with people personally. I would very much appreciate your help with this issue.

0 Likes
Maji

When  WiFi becomes unstable, can it cause calls to drop?  Will turning on "Auto Network Switch" make any difference?

0 Likes
Maji

It's me again!  Can somebody please help me with this problem.  Each time I try to call somebody, the call drops within a few minutes.  I cannot get an answer when I call to speak with a representative, and the chat function doesn't seem to be operating on your website.  I really need assistance here, and I need to talk with someone.

0 Likes
Maji

Again, I cannot reach anyone by calling you. And I lose the call before I can get connected. I really need some assistance here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not normal, Maji! Let's see what we can do to help keep your signal stay put. Is this issue occurring mostly indoors, at home? What is your zip code?
I recommend trying these steps: Power off your SIII, and remove the battery and SIM card, for about 15 seconds. Place everything back and power on your phone. If the problem continues, please access Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > If you have an area called Network Mode, please make sure it is set to LTE/CDMA, and not Global.

Let us know if these tips help improve your reception. Thank you Maji!

0 Likes
Maji

Thank you for your reply. This is happening at home. My previous phone was the full-size Galaxy S3, and I was losing calls with it as well. I traded it for the S3 Mini on March 14, and the dropped calls began again over the weekend. Should it matter whether or not I have my Bluetooth on? I had turned it off for a period of days because I’d been given the impression it could affect call quality. I turned it on about an hour ago, and made a call that I was able to complete successfully.

0 Likes
Maji

oh - my zip code is 80010. there is no “Network Mode” area to check. I turned my Bluetooth back on.

I think I’ll have to try making some calls to see if the battery procedure thing improves the situation.

0 Likes
Maji

I did the battery thing, and this morning while I was trying to leave a message for my doctor, I lost the call. I’m a liver transplant patient over at University Hospital (six blocks from my home), and I’m currently making a lot of calls to that facility. It’s extremely upsetting to be unable to complete a call, and I have to talk fast in my message, telling them I’m having phone problems, not knowing if I can even receive their callback. Please do help me.

0 Likes