Insurance
lindamomof43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have always had insurance on all phones on my plan.  In July I bought a phone from another provider, told them I didn't want additional insurance I would keep my Verizon.  Then my phone was stolen, tried to do a claim and was told no insurance on phone, you cancelled it.  I never did, Verizon is blaming the other provider for stopping it, and other provider states they cannot go into the area of insurance for Verizon.  Called Verizon, was told that was true, they backed dated insurance stating they didn't understand how or why is was cancelled.  Told me to then apply for a claim.  Assurace stated claim denied, no coverage.  Can anyone give me advice on this?  I just want a phone, and don't want to pay full price again.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance
bearone21
Legend

you told the other provider you didn't want insurance & it sounds like you never opted in for insurance with verizon.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What do you mean by other provider?    You mean another retailer, like Best Buy?  And you turned down insurance?  Well yeah, you turned down insurance.  

0 Likes
lindamomof43
Enthusiast - Level 1

no I turned down Geek Squad not Verizon insurance and Verizon dropped it not Best Buy.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@lindamomof43 wrote:

no I turned down Geek Squad not Verizon insurance and Verizon dropped it not Best Buy.  

You have to re-up with insurance each time you upgrade.  It’s a smooth process if you’re upgrading with Verizon.  Since you didn’t upgrade with Verizon you had to add with verizon in 30 days.  

0 Likes