If Nougat is no where nearby, why not release the Security updates at the least?
prasanna_sekhar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last security update released was on 11/16 with October 1 patch. Which means we are literally 4 months behind the security updates :-(. After Nougat beta was announced the security updates were stopped and also verizon didn't participate in the phase which limited the number of users. If Verizon is so concerned about customer's safety why not release the security patches for non participants of the beta program?

Re: If Nougat is no where nearby, why not release the Security updates at the least?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung is likely bundling the security updates with the whole OS update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: If Nougat is no where nearby, why not release the Security updates at the least?
prasanna_sekhar
Enthusiast - Level 2

That doesn't make sense with the ideas going that we will not get Nougat update until Q2.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It all depends on how it takes to rollout to the various carrier variants. Samsung Begins Rollout of Android 7.0 Nougat – Samsung Global Newsroom

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
prasanna_sekhar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did participate in Beta program, So I am wondering why it takes time to add the Verizon flavor which would already been there in the beta program? Also my only question, if it takes time let it take time but the at the least roll out the Security patch.

anna_atl
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's also very aggravating that S6 and older devices were last updated Jan 31, 2017. Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless  What's the holdup with the S7?!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably because those phones will only be getting security updates and the S7 will get a major OS update that includes those same security updates.

0 Likes
prasanna_sekhar
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when the Major OS Update expected?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No one knows.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Contributor - Level 1

T-mobile s7/s7 edge are getting nougat as we speak. They participated in the beta testing from beginning to end.

I had hoped that verizon dropping out of the beta testing half way through meant that they would have the update earlier for once.

Guess not.