ICE Contacts
cougmak

When my wife first got the Galaxy S 4, she added me as an ICE contact. This also causes our 2 year old to constantly call me whenever the phone is locked. She removed me from her ICE list but I still appear in the Emergency Call screen. We cannot find a way to remove me from the screen. I have confirmed that I am not listed in the ICE contacts and in fact the list is empty. When you go to "add" another contact by clicking one of the "+" buttons, it says that we have no contacts listed. How can I clear myself off the Emergency call screen?

0 Likes
Re: ICE Contacts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it listed under the owner information that your number is just listed on the lock screen?

I just added a contact to my ICE group and they were then listed as a contact choice in the emergency dialer screen. I then removed the contacts from the ICE group and checked the emergency dialer again. The contact was no longer there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cougmak

Ann154, thanks for your reply.

After adding the contact, did you call the number from the emergency dialer screen? We have added and removed other contacts successfully. It appears to only lock a contact onto that screen once it has been called. It may just be a bug and we may just need to reset the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. I didn't call that number. I could see that the system might hold on to the number. You might have to clear the data for something in the phone settings to clear it from the emergency screen. Let me do some more research.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the active hands of a young child, cougmak. After carefully reviewing all of the settings and possible options on your device. I'm unable to locate an option for removing the emergency call. I would suggest completing a master reset. This should resolve the issue. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=77507&lid=sayt&sayt=Reset  Let me know if this resolves your issue. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaydog912

I added a contact,  and then I was able to remove all the contacts. I was having the same issue as everyone else. Good luck

0 Likes